No Bookmarks Exist.
OK, I can't actually see the other people on. 00:00:00
In the meeting. 00:00:04
Apologies. 00:00:07
Doesn't seem to do the gallery view at the moment. I don't know. 00:00:10
I'll do a roll call. 00:00:13
Great. Thanks. OK, Liz Jacobs. 00:00:17
Aye President Marietta Bean. Present Stephanie Loftus Present Kim Poland. 00:00:22
Alexis Sims present. 00:00:35
And then I'm making two so we have a quorum on board. 00:00:41
Great. OK, Thank you so much. So it looks like we have some some members of the public with us today, which is lovely. So let us 00:00:51
start. Let me just do a quick check with the board, the agenda, the order of the agenda is OK. 00:00:58
Everybody. 00:01:07
OK, no one's complaining. Let's go ahead. So can I invite public comment, which would be comment on things that are not on our 00:01:10
agenda today? 00:01:15
Hi there, my name is Claire Clawson and I'm the president of the Ambassadors of Pacific Grove for the 2024-2025 term. So I'm going 00:01:27
to attend. I said BGHS and 17 and a week pursuit engineering afterwards. So youth matching as a Pacific Grove is a community based 00:01:35
organization which you have high school teenagers in the PB area and authenticity to practice and improve on the publicity, 00:01:42
leadership and the teamwork and practice these skills as we host, plan and volunteer at various community events. 00:01:50
And then each ambassador also gets to work closely with the local organization of the choosing. So they get to work on something 00:01:59
that they're passionate about locally and then also share the mission of that organization. So as the president of such a new 00:02:05
organization, I chose a champion that because we want to make sure that our mission is hurt. And so our mission is to improve the 00:02:10
community by improving our needs while we invest in a time. 00:02:16
And now my fellow ambassadors are introduced themselves and tell you a little bit about some more upcoming summer events. Hi, my 00:02:23
name is Milo Castillo. I'm going to be a sophomore Pacific High School, and this is my first year as youth ambassador. And I 00:02:29
decided to champion the AFRP this year. And I'm going to talk to you guys all on the July event, which is actually tomorrow. So 00:02:34
we're going to have a barbecue and we've been selling waffle tickets so that people can, like, pre-order their meals. We're going 00:02:40
to have like, hot dogs and hamburgers. 00:02:46
We're also going to have a watermelon eating contest and we're going to be giving our pre T-shirts. I think there's going to be an 00:02:52
off school course as well. So there's just going to be lots of fun activities to celebrate 4th of July. That's from 11:00 to 3:00 00:02:56
tomorrow. 00:03:01
Hi, my name is Kirsten Jones. I'm also assaulted for Grove High School and this is also my first year as a youth ambassador. I'm 00:03:07
going to talk about our pet parade which is on July 26th. We're meeting at Caledonia Park and walking around with lots of animals, 00:03:14
kids on bikes and adults. We're also having a Boots and Blazers dance Touch Taco Hall on July 26th from 6:00 to 8:30 with a line 00:03:21
dance instructor from Hacienda Pay and feed and. 00:03:28
And I'm going to tell you guys about our bigger there in summer lights. So we kick off the day that's on July 27th, last Saturday 00:03:36
of July, we kick off the day with our. 00:03:42
Blue I'm just a Blu-ray. Make it. 00:03:50
With our pancake breakfast, which we're selling tickets for now to Cactus at the farmers market, but with our tickets for medical 00:03:56
models and it's going to be at most Point Park to start the day. 00:04:01
Thank you guys so much. 00:04:39
Can I just say thank you so much for enlivening and, you know, creating such interesting events and, and really just creating such 00:04:43
vibrance in Pacific Grove. Thank you on behalf of the whole board. Excellent job. 00:04:51
Hello, my name is Chris Evans. I am one of the board members along with Christine Gruber and Michelle Evans. 00:05:00
The war boomers aren't here today. This is our third year. 00:05:06
So that's what we're trying to do. We're trying to get some kids can come up and talk. These are big events. The whole town 00:05:11
hopefully is going to be involved. Last year this organization was able to fund us $2900. We would love the same thing this year. 00:05:19
We learned to be great stewards of our money. It's difficult raising money and so we are more efficient than we've ever been. 00:05:28
And we're also listening to the public. And so this year it appeared during the Summer lights. We're going to have the music 00:05:37
throughout the day. Different bands are going to be playing. In between the bands playing, there's going to be different cultural 00:05:44
events. And so it's going to be jam packed. The masters are going to be the MCS for the day and. 00:05:51
They're a big part of things. I do have a letter that we gave out to the business community, and I'd like to talk to each of you 00:06:00
just so you have a copy of that. 00:06:03
Does anybody have any questions that I can answer? 00:06:08
First of all. 00:06:13
You know, we're really super thankful to be able to do this. 00:06:15
If you don't mind, I. 00:06:22
The 30 years my kids are doing that to now be in charge of peppery, it's a huge deal, right? And so just that easy activities. So 00:06:26
anyway, thank you very much for your time. 00:06:34
Thank you. Thank you so much. 00:06:43
Thank you SO. 00:06:52
So, Christy I. 00:06:56
The audio wasn't awesome on that, I caught most of it but. 00:07:00
Can you just recap the final bit for me? 00:07:06
About the funding. 00:07:10
Yes, last year the bid funded donated $2500 to the summer lights to the Youth Ambassadors and they're asking for that again. So if 00:07:12
you want to make a motion and we have our, we had given them that money because we normally gave that to Butterfly Days, but since 00:07:20
that program didn't exist, we shifted it over to the Youth Ambassadors. 00:07:28
And we do have that budget. 00:07:37
All right, I move that we donate the same amount this year. They, you know, they're doing an impressive job. 00:07:41
Any second. 00:07:49
Awesome. 00:07:53
And Christy, would you mind helping us vote yes? 00:07:54
Lid motioned. 00:08:00
Mariana yes. Stephanie, yes. 00:08:01
And Alexa, yes. 00:08:07
All approved. 00:08:10
Thank you. 00:08:14
Lovely, OK. 00:08:17
Can I ask if there's any other public comment? 00:08:21
And like I say, my zoom is weird. I can't see if there's anyone else on. Can I just assume there is no one else on because I'm not 00:08:27
saying anything. All right, OK. 00:08:32
Awesome. Then let's go on to agenda item 3, ongoing business, So. 00:08:39
The financials we have our new treasurer, Stephanie, could you please focus the the financial review? Sure. So if we're looking, I 00:08:46
think the thing that's most helpful is the profit and loss. 00:08:54
Do they have that in their pockets? Yes, Everybody OK? Yeah. So the profit and loss. 00:09:03
If we take a look at that. 00:09:12
We see in the budget that our total program income is $34,000 and that is the amount that is normally we normally get $33,000 from 00:09:16
the city. 00:09:22
And we are expecting that again, they will be discussing the the Business Improvement District at tonight's City Council meeting. 00:09:30
And then if we. 00:09:42
We don't have. 00:09:44
Our budget is pretty straightforward because there aren't a ton of events that we that we do each year. And as you can see. 00:09:46
And again, we're looking at July of last year through May of this year. So when you're looking at community projects, that's 00:09:59
exactly the line item where this donation, the youth ambassadors will be coming from that 2500 that you see in the July 23rd, May 00:10:07
24th is the amount that we gave them last year. So that's why that's there of course will be having a clean slate with the new 00:10:15
fiscal year. So again, it's loaded the 2500. 00:10:23
And I don't know if anybody has any questions. As you can see, we've got First Friday. 00:10:32
I don't know in previous years what we've done, have we helped with advertising with First Friday I, well, it's zero right now, 00:10:40
right? But it has a budget of 15. 00:10:45
Have we done that in the past list? Have we donated to 1st Friday? I remember in the beginning, in the beginning of kind of a 00:10:57
boost. 00:11:00
Annually. 00:11:06
I think we did, not that I know. So that may be something. 00:11:08
It's a good thing to yeah, to look at, absolutely. So maybe that is something that we should make a decision about. 00:11:19
Our, our, our goal is to get to 0, which is a little unusual, but for each year and we're, we're pretty much completely in line 00:11:29
from. 00:11:36
From last year, pending the the city assessment. 00:11:45
But I don't know if there's any questions anybody has. Is Adrian still in charge or directing the she used to ask every year. I 00:11:52
don't. I'm sure we gave. 00:11:57
OK. 00:12:06
OK. Unless you so I don't know that we discussed it last year, I don't remember it ever coming up. 00:12:09
No, we've, we've not been approached for several years about First Friday, but. 00:12:20
You know it is a popular event and it would be great to shout about it and and increase footfall so. 00:12:25
So this the way this is set up. 00:12:36
We're not seeing itemization for the different events that we do and I think that might be useful for us for a planning meeting 00:12:39
for this year. 00:12:43
And I don't know if we should do it as a subcommittee apart from, you know, the the Zoom meeting. But I think that. 00:12:48
You know, or, or whether there's something you want to do in a, in a scheduled meeting, But you know, we need to sort of decide 00:12:59
how much for Halloween, how much for the Christmas event, how much for Jock the block and decide if there's any other events that 00:13:04
we want to. 00:13:08
Like plan ahead for SO. 00:13:15
Can I just open that for discussion, like would you know for the forward planning, can you know what are your thoughts on that, 00:13:20
how you'd like to approach that? 00:13:25
I thought we always had designated funds for certain events, the spring event with the baseball cards and all of that Halloween. 00:13:32
But Steve Thomas would be the person to ask for those things. 00:13:43
I agree that it might be helpful to have them itemized on our on our budget just so that we can see, you know, that we're hitting 00:13:49
those totals for those events. 00:13:54
And especially if we're considering. 00:14:01
You know, possibly changing up some of the advertising that we're going to be doing for events and possibly, you know, hiring 00:14:06
Christina Rodriguez to help us with chop the block again. I think it would be good to look at those numbers. I. 00:14:14
By individual events. 00:14:24
If you would like to push it to the next meeting, this is actually you're going to have your final year end financial. This is 00:14:27
through May. So then we get to June. So now we've closed out everything on June 30th. So I'll have all your updated financials and 00:14:33
then I can print a detailed schedule of exactly what you gave to each organization throughout the year and I can go there with you 00:14:39
and present it to the board. 00:14:45
If you want to push this final decision. 00:14:53
How much you want to give? 00:14:57
To the first writing. 00:15:00
Well, it would be easier to kind of look at the whole budget and and you know, look at the whole pie and see how how big a piece 00:15:05
we want to carve out for each event. Would that be so Christy and I can work on that for the next meeting so that I can present to 00:15:14
the board show you exactly how much is for each event. So we looking forward for this next fiscal year, we know exactly where. 00:15:22
We're allocating the funds. 00:15:30
I would love the feeling of control that that gives. So then you get the whole absolutely. I think it's a good idea, OK. 00:15:34
Any other discussion on the budget? 00:15:50
I mean, I get quite a kick out of looking at this and seeing how many useful things to be ideas doing and. 00:15:56
I like that we're using 100% of the budget and you know, we have options and we think hard about what we want to spend it on and 00:16:05
kind of excited with the new board going ahead, you know, having the opportunity to do this again this year, so. 00:16:12
You know, look forward to this coming up next meeting. 00:16:20
All right, so if there are no more comments, then shrink that and go to the other screen. OK, Well, you don't get off the hook 00:16:26
Stephanie. Sorry. Yours is the next agenda. 3B the the all are welcome decal. So the all are welcome decals. We have fifty of 00:16:35
them. Did we ever distribute that else about them? OK. 00:16:44
Right detail. I just sent that Did you know Ellen may have pushed it out? OK, yeah, so we have fifty of them and I. 00:16:55
Did the install on the ones on my building and they worked perfectly. They do require that you use that you use a squeegee and 00:17:03
some water with a little bit of dish soap in it. I didn't realize window decals are supposed to be applied like claims or supposed 00:17:11
to be applied wet. I learned that from the company that I ordered them from because I was like they're showing all these Marks and 00:17:19
they don't look good but they look great and I've already gotten multiple comments from customers. 00:17:26
How nice it is to see that and that they will absolutely come back to the shop. So they're available at the chamber office and we 00:17:35
did write a note about it. I don't know that I sent out. We can have a resend it. OK, We did get a look because we did get a 00:17:42
little bit of feedback. 00:17:49
OK, so they are going out but we do have 50 and I'm happy to order more. They were very inexpensive so I'm happy to donate more as 00:17:57
as needed. 00:18:02
But I think it's a really nice, it's very simple and clear and colorful. And I think it's nice for those businesses wishing to 00:18:08
express their support for all their customers. 00:18:15
Yeah, I agree. Before we get on to discussion, could I just say is there any other, is there any public comment on this agenda 00:18:25
item? 00:18:29
All right, seeing none, yeah. Could you know any questions, comments from the board? 00:18:37
I mean, I my comment is just that they look great. I've had positive comments and again, I just like the fact that it makes us 00:18:46
look like a welcoming town. And you know, it's an upbeat, it's a great message. So I'd love to spread it so. 00:18:54
Anyway, anything else from anyone? 00:19:04
OK, so we've got the the newbie ID logo and did everybody get their e-mail about that? 00:19:08
Yes, from Steve last night, right, OK. And I I hope you had a chance to reply. There was it was kind of a fun one that one, Steve. 00:19:17
I take it Steve is here? 00:19:29
He's not he's, he's out of the area. 00:19:32
Understood. OK, so then. 00:19:36
I think what we were going to do was once we received that e-mail that we were going to give ourselves a week to look at it and 00:19:41
comment and get those comments back to Steve. So that hopefully at the next meeting we're, you know, either finalizing the idea or 00:19:47
going back to the artist who submitted it with, you know, the change that we'd like to see. But I thought that the inclusion of 00:19:53
the light post. 00:20:00
Works nicely on some of those. Yeah. Yeah, it was a genius idea, whoever thought of it. And the results look, look great. So I'm. 00:20:08
I'm excited about that, too. OK, let's skip ahead just for good measure. Any comment from the public. 00:20:16
So should we say that we all have by next week, This time we'll have our comments to Steve about those. 00:20:26
Did you get the e-mail? 00:20:35
Yeah, yeah. Wonderful. So. 00:20:40
Item four, sorry if I'm a little bit out of sync with you. It's so hard. You know, from a distance, technology is great, but in 00:20:47
real life is better. Anyway, I'm going to move on to agenda item 4A. 00:20:53
This is new business, this is the bid board vacancy. So we mentioned this last time and said we would all contact people who we 00:20:59
thought were civic minded, you know, interested in promoting our downtown and you know, we're enthusiastic about the goals of the 00:21:09
bid and so on. You, you all mentioned a lot of, you know, great people. So can we take nominations for I don't think I need to. 00:21:19
Open this to public comment, right? 00:21:29
Well, I will just in case. Is there any public comment? This is just nominations. OK, seeing none. 00:21:32
I'd like to invite nominations for our board vacancy. 00:21:42
Is also Mayor Pete sent me an e-mail and I have an application. So anybody that is interested, we can give them the application to 00:21:48
fill out and then City Council will give it a final approval. We'll take it to them, I'll send it to Mayor Peak and then they'll 00:21:53
give us a final approval. 00:21:59
So Christy, we've never done that before. We've we've never done that before as an ad hoc committee. We've always done it just 00:22:06
verbally. But is this a new city policy that to do it with application, I don't know if it's new or you just haven't done it. 00:22:15
Do you know? 00:22:26
It kind of gets a description about them because I, I walked around and there are a few people interested. So it looks like we're 00:23:07
going to have a few to choose from. Well, that's what comedians a good point on a separate note that maybe we haven't done. And 00:23:11
that's kind of introduced the board to the council. 00:23:16
That might be a way to facilitate that maybe in the beginning one of our council probably more is like a presentation or 00:23:23
something, you know, a little bit more time. We could do something out of that to kind of bring people into the, you know. 00:23:29
Into the fold of the city and get to know each other. And when they put, we sent in the annual report two meetings ago and they 00:23:36
approved, but now we get new people, they want to just do it. I don't know how formal it is, if it's, you know, because it was in 00:23:42
the annual report before. So this might just be one, just letting him know that we are filling the other vacancies so you'll get 00:23:49
the final approval. Yeah. So I think again, you know, if you want to. So it sounds like you're not ready for your second seat yet, 00:23:55
just your first one. 00:24:01
National exhaust. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Dirty vote already. They already voted on on her and so she'll be included and then they can 00:24:08
work on the other vacancy and then send them both to City Council. 00:24:14
OK. I'm just confused. I thought ad hoc committees, they you know. 00:24:25
And I'm only, I'm not being a anti this idea or anything like that. I'm just, it's just a policy question. I, we've never had the 00:24:33
council approve anyone. And I do understand that there have been some issues lately and I understand that they want to, you know, 00:24:40
make sure that everything is going according to policy. But I. 00:24:48
I don't, I mean, don't we have the last say on this like, and I'm just thinking of the eventuality. If like if there were a 00:24:57
nomination and we like the person, but the, the council didn't approve. I'm just curious. I, I didn't think that they had 00:25:03
authority to like go against our decision. Like is that what? 00:25:10
Is that what the situation is? I mean, can someone just explain, like maybe Matt, you'd be a good person for that? Like is, is it 00:25:18
ultimately now something that the council wants to have control over? 00:25:24
Well, I didn't take the kind of discussion. I guess it happened. There's so much approving individuals as much as approving the 00:25:32
roster. And I think that's kind of what's happened through the annual resolution. 00:25:38
You mean the list of you know who your board was and that was part of the resolution that was approved each year for the 00:25:50
assessment. So I think we're just talking about that. That was listed last year with. 00:25:56
One or two vacancies, I'm not sure which one. So I think it'd just be a kind of a cheer up of that. So kind of having a full 00:26:03
roster, you know. 00:26:08
Beyond that, I don't think I'm prepared at the moment to really dig into what the policy would be because I don't I. 00:26:12
OK. So they just want to see the sorry, they want to see who we've nominated or who we've voted for which roster. 00:26:19
That must have been what, May 16th perhaps you know, you the bid transported or is the chamber trans Yeah, sent this over to the 00:26:28
list of your your Advisory Board. 00:26:34
And then that in the annual report, in the annual report and as part of the council renewing the assessment, you know, that's part 00:26:41
of the package. Here's the board that's been selected by the by the, I guess most yourselves. I, I think there's, there's a 00:26:47
reason. 00:26:54
Or the city to know who the board members are because there's requirements, you know, business license, right, things like that. 00:27:01
So. 00:27:05
So I think what we're trying what we're saying is the last time this was the council, there was you know, one seat that you know 00:27:10
turned out more current on their assessments. So in order to make in order to be able to kind of move forward and put that so I 00:27:17
really don't have to go forward and and be gone for next year. 00:27:24
We forgot the person who was not current their assessments and we just made a vacancy. So I think what we're talking about now is 00:27:33
just making this roster be complete. And you know what, what the technical way of the city receiving that I think is something we 00:27:40
don't need to determine. I'm not sure you've been done this before or if it's OK. So I think what I'm I don't think you know, 00:27:47
we're at we're necessarily saying that we're changing. 00:27:54
Policies and practices and what you've done before. I think it's it was just a question of, hey, you have a non full roster, full 00:28:01
roster. 00:28:06
OK, perfect. Yeah, that clarifies everything. Thank you. I I just was wondering what? So yeah, it's to perform a formal check on 00:28:12
on nominees. OK, good. So can we move on then to to accepting nominations? 00:28:21
I think Christy, you had you wanted to nominate a couple of people, there were a couple of people. Our banks, Alessandra Bush with 00:28:34
Mechanics Bank is interested and Rodolfo with U.S. bank interests are two banks. 00:28:40
And those are the ones that I've talked to recently. And then I have a list of other things approach that are other businesses. 00:28:49
But those, those are the only ones that replied to you, yeah. 00:28:57
OK, so yeah, I actually nominated Alessandro and the reason I did was just, I mean, I don't know if any of you know him, but I've 00:29:02
had several of his employees come into the restaurant and they just absolutely rave about Alessandro and say like, you know, we've 00:29:09
we've never had such a, you know, fabulous working relationship. He's great. He's you know, so he's I don't, you know, know him 00:29:16
other than a few meetings, but. 00:29:23
I was just impressed that his employees, you know, the staff are so enthusiastic about having him as a manager. So he, he seems 00:29:31
like a vibrant, you know, someone who would. 00:29:36
Be committed to building relationships in the in this community. So and it's that's. 00:29:43
So to speak, you know, it's not a bad idea. And also, you know, they generously let us use their power and their lava for all of 00:29:51
our events and they do not have to do that. So I think it's nice that he has our, you know, he wants to be part of our group and 00:30:00
support us. So I think it's a a smart nomination. 00:30:08
Right. So, so Christy, could you give anyone who's expressed an interest, could you give them an application and then the next 00:30:19
step would be they submit it, it goes to the city to review and then we can vote. Is that right? 00:30:27
Yes. 00:30:37
OK. So it's a bit of a process. We'll try to. 00:30:39
We'll try to get at all the, you know, the I started in the T's crossed for our next meeting so that we can vote on that. Does 00:30:45
that sound like a plan? 00:30:49
OK. 00:30:56
Right. 00:30:57
Then OK, our next If there's no more to say on that, can I move along? 00:31:00
Like I can. OK, thank you. So 4B is attendance policy and that would be my item. Just very briefly, I'd like to propose an 00:31:07
attendance policy similar to what we have on the EDC and well, basically the citywide boards, which is just that you're allowed to 00:31:17
excused absences a year. Otherwise attend in real life or by Zoom. 00:31:27
And the. 00:31:37
You know the the two. 00:31:39
Absences could be illness or. 00:31:43
Planned holidays or whatever. 00:31:46
And let me see, I've got the the wording on my phone so. 00:31:49
So we have 11 meetings per year because we don't do one into December. 00:32:01
So with two absences allowed, that's a nine minimum that we would do and then? 00:32:06
And then we would also like in the policy say we would reserve discretion for protracted illness or something that's a bona fide 00:32:10
excuse that we, you know, we want to allow. But then if. 00:32:18
You know, as a consequence, if they're, if you know, there's just, you know, continued protracted for long absences and we don't 00:32:27
hear from someone, then I think our position would be let's let another business owner use the position on the board to benefit 00:32:35
the business community. So that's what I wanted to propose and. 00:32:43
Let me at this point ask if there's any public comment. 00:32:52
Seeing none. 00:32:59
Board can discuss. 00:33:00
I think it's important. I mean, I don't think we need to have absentee board members because we, you know, work on projects and. 00:33:05
I think 2 two out of 11 meetings is fine. 00:33:17
But I I agree, I think there should be an attendance policy there is on every other board item, so. 00:33:24
Yeah, OK. I think it's just saying that this position means something and it's, you know, a privilege to be able to work together 00:33:34
in this way. And, you know, if you aren't interested, then, you know. 00:33:41
Don't sign up kind of thing so. 00:33:49
OK. 00:33:52
Do we need to vote on that, Christy? 00:33:54
Probably, yeah, if you didn't have it and I can put together the sheet that you would like. 00:33:57
Would you, should we have a formal written statement before we vote or is this verbal? OK. 00:34:05
Purple's okay as long as we're agreeing that there's two allowed absences and, you know, if there's other circumstances we can 00:34:14
look at that, you know, prolonged illness or whatnot. But I think that moving going forward, I mean, do we say like starting? 00:34:24
In August, you know, starting the August meeting. That's like the first one. Yeah, Yeah. 00:34:37
I I think that's good. Great. OK, so I move any seconds. 00:34:44
2nd. 00:34:51
Thank you. 00:34:53
Yes, Liz Jacobs. 00:34:57
Aye. 00:35:02
And Alexis? Yes, all approved with Jason and Kim pull and absent. 00:35:06
OK then. 00:35:15
Yeah, so the arts district is the next agenda item and that would be 4C. It's just an update. Some of you had asked what's going 00:35:18
on. Yeah, not, not a huge amount. We've had a bit of AI, don't know, not fallow period. But you know, we, we were working on Chalk 00:35:27
the block and the other big thing that's going on. 00:35:36
I mean, there's been lots of ideas, but what it takes is a committee and money and, you know, people to to do roll up their 00:35:45
sleeves and get things happening. So that's the hard part. So what we have is a really exciting Film Festival coming up in 00:35:53
September 2025. The Lighthouse Cinema is the the sort of the, well, that's the place. And the organizers are the manager at the 00:36:01
Lighthouse and who's probably the point person, I guess, for this event. 00:36:08
And. 00:36:17
For students from CSUMB that are in film studies and they are really, you know, impressive, really making it happen. I'm so 00:36:19
touched that this young talent really has focused on Pacific Grove and. 00:36:27
So vibrant and wants to create an event. And not only that, one of the people involved, Clemencia Macias, she's an internationally 00:36:36
famous photographer, filmmaker who lives in town. She's pretty connected and she's offered to invite International Film makers. So 00:36:44
it could be a high profile event. I mean, I don't know, it's our first one. We'll see, you know, but they, they're ambitious. 00:36:52
They're aspiring to do some really. 00:37:00
Interesting. Engaging. 00:37:08
Plans and also Sundance has has decided that they want to like decentralize the Sundance Festival and actually give film 00:37:13
screenings to. 00:37:18
Independent cinemas around the country. So they're trying to work with Sundance to have that going on as well, and also 00:37:26
internationally famous film makers that can, you know, come in and give lectures and give classes at the Arts Center so. 00:37:33
You know, this is like the brainstorming stage and there's lots of great ideas. We really hope that they'll have the support they 00:37:41
need and make it a festival. And, you know, they were saying like, hey, we could fill up hotels. We could do, you know, they were. 00:37:48
They they had a very probusiness side to it. So I think that is going to resonate with our board and so that's exciting and. 00:37:55
We'll be looking for grant money and stuff to help support it and, you know, put their publicity and all that, you know, with our 00:38:07
non-profit status on the arts district. Also the EDC was super supportive they. 00:38:15
We printed the Arts District maps which you've seen. 00:38:24
Where a few people have said like no, but you left out such and such. So we're going to add a little bit to it. And there was one 00:38:30
numbering mistake. So that was just a small run of 1000, I think, but we're doing a really big run and the EDC has offered well 00:38:38
has approved 3000 from their budget. I've had a very hard time. I mean, Matt is sitting there. I have to give Matt. 00:38:46
The estimates, the reason you haven't seen it is that the, you know, distribution distribution company just hasn't come back to 00:38:55
me. So I anyways, as soon as I get that, I, I will send you the, the, the quotes and then, you know, we can go through the process 00:39:04
of seeing if that gets approved higher up. So, yeah, so that's the arts district at the moment. Any public comments? 00:39:14
Seeing none. 00:39:26
Board discussion. Oh, is there one? 00:39:29
Would the board like to discuss or ask questions or anything? 00:39:36
I just had one comment on the Film Festival. I don't know if you know, are they using other venues around downtown or the area to 00:39:41
showcase films at the same time and you go different locations. I was part of the Napa Film Festival and that's what we did and it 00:39:46
was all spread out throughout the whole town. 00:39:51
Not just doing the standard. 00:39:58
At the moment, no. And maybe one of the reasons for that is the, you know, the Lighthouse Cinemas, the new cinema and they're in 00:40:02
need of support themselves. So they are, this is kind of going to hopefully be a helpful thing for them. I and the Arts Center is 00:40:08
they they offered to screen films and the cinema said no, we'd really like to have them here. So that's where we're at for the 00:40:15
very first one. 00:40:22
But you can just imagine if this did, if this was successful, if it grew, and it will take time and all that. 00:40:30
Of course that makes, you know, absolute good sense to have different venues around town to make it more of a, you know, community 00:40:38
citywide thing, but at the moment, for just the initial stages, this is a cinema based thing. 00:40:46
Any other questions? 00:40:59
All right, seeing none I. 00:41:04
So business updates. Oh no, you've got me again. OK, so the EDC, we've had a little bit of a hit this year. We had to miss two 00:41:10
meetings because of staff issues. So, you know, that was a little bit hard for some of our projects, but I was getting back on 00:41:19
track and Kelsey Richmond, owner of Captain and Stoker is just done an amazing job with the. 00:41:27
Concert series. It's starting. 00:41:38
Oh, when is the first one, Christy? Is it this Friday or next Friday? I forget. 00:41:41
This Friday. 00:41:49
Starting in July for three August, July, August and September. 00:41:56
From Five to Seven Park. 00:42:03
Right. So not only is Kelsey organizing her big art event in Monterey and she's expecting a baby, she's also doing this concert 00:42:07
series. So what's really cool about it is that they've used the money to hire a local guy who's an advanced guy to to do it and. 00:42:16
He's doing a really good job, it would seem so far. Instead of having food stands at the concert, they're experimenting with the 00:42:27
new model, which is to send out a flyer to local restaurants and say, hey, would you like to, would you like us to advertise your 00:42:34
take out food for this event? So that was really cool. We got the the flyer and, you know, we've chosen some menu items that would 00:42:41
work well for that and. 00:42:48
Given it a special price. So, you know, we'll see if, you know, people can bring their own picnic, obviously, but if they want to 00:42:56
pick up something in town, they can do that and. 00:43:01
We're doing picnic baskets and tablecloths and things. You can go spread out on the on the grass and do that and yeah, so. 00:43:08
You know, big props to them for really trying to support local restaurants. So that's one thing they're doing. 00:43:17
There is a signage project Commissioner Gibbs is working on where he is hoping to, I don't think of I guess. 00:43:26
It's hard to explain someone else's project, but the the ultimate scope it would be to get better signage for attractions in 00:43:38
downtown, so he's working on that. 00:43:43
And. 00:43:49
You know, the C Monterrey came and gave a presentation and I kind of wanted to. 00:43:52
Use this as an excuse to kind of bring this up to you guys. There is a, if you look at how Pacific Grove is represented in Sea 00:44:00
Monterey, I, it's overall, you know, solid, but I'm just wondering if we could optimize our representation a little bit there. And 00:44:10
I, I feel like it would be a huge bonus if we had maybe a subcommittee or somebody working. 00:44:20
With them one to one over a little bit of time, they get a huge chunk of the city's budget, you know, for marketing. Could we 00:44:30
curate that a little bit? Could we monitor it a little bit? Could we, I mean. 00:44:36
For the last two years they've been advertising a business which is closed so. 00:44:45
And that particular like 48 hours in Pacific Grove has been there since I came here six years ago. So, you know, I have actually 00:44:51
written something for it to say, OK, could you replace it? And that didn't go anywhere. I don't know why, but, you know, could. 00:44:58
I'm just wondering, is that something that would be of interest? And I don't, it's not really. 00:45:06
The agenda item to discuss that, but I wanted to put the flea in your ear so that you can think about that and we'll come back to 00:45:15
it. 00:45:18
Another time so that anyway can I ask Matt, since you're there, is there anything I missed about the EDC that the the bid should 00:45:22
know about? 00:45:27
I don't believe so. I think you get it all. I was going to offer the opportunity to. 00:45:34
See Monterey and usually seems pretty eager to come out and work with different community members. So we have a representative who 00:45:40
we can invite to one of these meetings. We can talk to her about ways to maximize some of that marketing. Some might be one way to 00:45:48
do it. This has come up before years past and it's always been presented as something that we need to give them the information 00:45:56
and they'd be more than happy to present it. But it's what we feed into. It is what we're going to get out of it. 00:46:04
Is what they've told us. Now you say you said something about some fascinated information and they didn't jump on it. 00:46:12
That that shouldn't be but. 00:46:23
Yeah, that that information has now been updated. We've been in touch with them and no one did a really good job going through 00:46:27
everything. 00:46:30
So they appreciated that. So we'll stay on top of that. 00:46:36
Yeah, yeah, it's easy to get away from it. Just the tune up all the time. 00:46:39
Right. I mean, I can see it being something that's definitely of interest to the Chamber of Commerce, to the HID, to the EDC, but 00:46:47
also to the bid. And I just was wondering if there was that was a shared feeling with anyone else. If if you wanted to like have a 00:46:54
subcommittee and kind of do a deep dive, look at it and see if we wanted to give feedback and then I don't know, we could write 00:47:02
some copy, get some photos or whatever and. 00:47:09
You know, bring it to a board meeting and see like, you know, is this like do we want to submit this? I don't know. It's just 00:47:19
because I totally agree, Matt, That's it's always. 00:47:24
Like Synergy, when you have invite someone to the board meeting and they talk and you get a chance to have an exchange. But I feel 00:47:30
like this is a little bit more detailed. So it would ideally be subcommittee work. So I don't know. 00:47:36
It seems to me that it should be a chamber, like we would feed whatever groups have things going on to the chamber, and the 00:47:43
chamber would kind of take the direction of providing that to the. 00:47:50
I That's my feeling. 00:47:59
Yeah, I agree. 00:48:04
You're the best monitor. 00:48:07
Do you want to have a? 00:48:12
Do you want to have a little working party and sort of see if we want to give something over to the chamber? 00:48:18
Does that resonate with anyone or is it like, no, but the chamber have a have a deep dive. 00:48:26
I think groups have to submit to the Chamber what's important to them or what events are coming up that the chamber may not know 00:48:33
about. 00:48:37
But. 00:48:43
In the end. 00:48:45
When we're not quite as busy, at least I'm speaking for myself. Could we, could we have a look at that and make a proposal to the 00:48:48
chamber? I mean, you guys happy with that? 00:48:53
Put it on the agenda in the autumn of September. 00:48:59
Can also send out like an annual e-mail to all the different EDC bod for input. 00:49:04
And then? 00:49:10
OK. So that it just it seemed like it's not going to happen unless we actually do the work. That's what I was thinking. So. 00:49:14
And I'm more than happy to. 00:49:24
Push around some ideas and you know, try and make it happen, but I kind of wanted to see it sounds like you're more or less in 00:49:27
agreement that we should do something about it, so. 00:49:32
OK. For instance, like Summer Lights, does the Sea Monterey, do they have all that information and they're pushing it out or what? 00:49:38
What are they doing with that if we send it to them? Yeah, only if we send it to them. So I mean, for instance, I contacted them 00:49:45
about Chalk the Block and they put it on, you know, they advertised it, but it's only if you speak up in this world. I think 00:49:53
they've always made that clear that you need to get them. 00:50:00
What you want to see publicized or spread? Yeah. 00:50:09
OK, that's probably why it's supposed to be. It's like any community calendar. You have to submit it. It's not just updated, push 00:50:16
it. 00:50:24
OK. All right. So I apologize, I kind of overran there. 00:50:35
Let's hear an update from, well, Christy. We've got the Chamber of Commerce and TIC. 00:50:41
And I think he's going to be a great asset to the Chamber, into our community. And he already knows so many people here. So I'm so 00:51:24
excited. And it was really hard decision. We had great applicants. 00:51:29
Yeah, he is great. Yeah. So I'm really excited that we're going to have him on board starting July 17th. And do you want me to 00:51:36
jump into the HID the next one, Linds? 00:51:42
Please. 00:51:49
And said there are no more roadblocks. They are on the way to getting all of their permits and design and everything done right 00:52:26
now. They're projected into 2027 for completion and they'll keep us updated. 00:52:32
We have been doing every week we do a call around to all of our hotels for availability. We call today for Thursday to Sunday 00:52:41
availability every single week. And it it they are filling up. So they say a lot of people are coming back. Our tour center said 00:52:47
we're getting a lot of Europeans coming, this is their travel time. So you should start seeing what foot traffic downtown if you 00:52:53
haven't already. And then we have car week coming up and that. 00:52:59
It. 00:53:08
Yeah, fabulous. Thanks so much. Christy, can I just ask if anyone else has any business updates around town? 00:53:10
And it's rock'n'roll doughnuts. 00:53:59
But he's not gonna make him there. He'll bring him in, and it won't be the fancy notice. It'll be basic Donuts you can pick up. 00:54:00
We see who else is new. 00:54:07
Oh, the grill at Levers Point. 00:54:11
Take it over by Stokes Adobe owners. So we're waiting to see what they're going to do with that. So that's real exciting. 00:54:15
And then we have. 00:54:22
Yeah, and I don't know. Yeah. I mean, you've been going around and nobody's really sure if that's the thing, you know, we're 00:54:26
waiting to see. And then Passionfish. 00:54:29
And Ted retired, a new owner is Meryl that owns Fishwife and her son and El Vecchio. June 1st was what? And new owners and 00:54:36
Stephanie Kelly and they he was the first chef at Electia with 21 years old and now he's back. So that's really kind of yeah. 00:54:46
It's really, really exciting because they really have a good interest. So I think it's just going to, you know, keep getting 00:54:57
better. So nice to keep those open and going. 00:55:01
Much about it that I can think of. That's a lot of exciting. Roster would never go along. 00:55:07
Is always good because they get really excited and they're very involved in the community. 00:55:14
Anyway. 00:55:51
The besides what we have, that'll bring even more people to our area. So if you think of anything we could try to help look for 00:56:08
those. 00:56:12
Yeah, I, I've got so many ideas about that. But, you know, whatever, you know, wine tasting has been something everyone's wanted 00:56:19
for a while, but I think like outdoor stores, outdoor activity stuff, you know, I just recently had family visiting and. Oh, this. 00:56:25
Yep. 00:56:31
Yeah, we did the tide pooling. We did the class through the Natural History Museum and you know. 00:56:39
Yes, stuff that enhances what we have here, so there's lots we could do. Anyway, I see the time and don't want to get in trouble 00:56:46
with Lori, so let's. 00:56:51
Let's just adjourn for now. Look forward to seeing you all in real life soon. And it is 932 and we'll adjourn. Thank you. 00:56:59
Very nice. 00:57:08
Link
Start video at
Social
Embed

* you need to log in to manage your favorites

My Favorites List
You haven't added any favorites yet. Click the "Add Favorite" button on any media page, and they'll show up here.
OK, I can't actually see the other people on. 00:00:00
In the meeting. 00:00:04
Apologies. 00:00:07
Doesn't seem to do the gallery view at the moment. I don't know. 00:00:10
I'll do a roll call. 00:00:13
Great. Thanks. OK, Liz Jacobs. 00:00:17
Aye President Marietta Bean. Present Stephanie Loftus Present Kim Poland. 00:00:22
Alexis Sims present. 00:00:35
And then I'm making two so we have a quorum on board. 00:00:41
Great. OK, Thank you so much. So it looks like we have some some members of the public with us today, which is lovely. So let us 00:00:51
start. Let me just do a quick check with the board, the agenda, the order of the agenda is OK. 00:00:58
Everybody. 00:01:07
OK, no one's complaining. Let's go ahead. So can I invite public comment, which would be comment on things that are not on our 00:01:10
agenda today? 00:01:15
Hi there, my name is Claire Clawson and I'm the president of the Ambassadors of Pacific Grove for the 2024-2025 term. So I'm going 00:01:27
to attend. I said BGHS and 17 and a week pursuit engineering afterwards. So youth matching as a Pacific Grove is a community based 00:01:35
organization which you have high school teenagers in the PB area and authenticity to practice and improve on the publicity, 00:01:42
leadership and the teamwork and practice these skills as we host, plan and volunteer at various community events. 00:01:50
And then each ambassador also gets to work closely with the local organization of the choosing. So they get to work on something 00:01:59
that they're passionate about locally and then also share the mission of that organization. So as the president of such a new 00:02:05
organization, I chose a champion that because we want to make sure that our mission is hurt. And so our mission is to improve the 00:02:10
community by improving our needs while we invest in a time. 00:02:16
And now my fellow ambassadors are introduced themselves and tell you a little bit about some more upcoming summer events. Hi, my 00:02:23
name is Milo Castillo. I'm going to be a sophomore Pacific High School, and this is my first year as youth ambassador. And I 00:02:29
decided to champion the AFRP this year. And I'm going to talk to you guys all on the July event, which is actually tomorrow. So 00:02:34
we're going to have a barbecue and we've been selling waffle tickets so that people can, like, pre-order their meals. We're going 00:02:40
to have like, hot dogs and hamburgers. 00:02:46
We're also going to have a watermelon eating contest and we're going to be giving our pre T-shirts. I think there's going to be an 00:02:52
off school course as well. So there's just going to be lots of fun activities to celebrate 4th of July. That's from 11:00 to 3:00 00:02:56
tomorrow. 00:03:01
Hi, my name is Kirsten Jones. I'm also assaulted for Grove High School and this is also my first year as a youth ambassador. I'm 00:03:07
going to talk about our pet parade which is on July 26th. We're meeting at Caledonia Park and walking around with lots of animals, 00:03:14
kids on bikes and adults. We're also having a Boots and Blazers dance Touch Taco Hall on July 26th from 6:00 to 8:30 with a line 00:03:21
dance instructor from Hacienda Pay and feed and. 00:03:28
And I'm going to tell you guys about our bigger there in summer lights. So we kick off the day that's on July 27th, last Saturday 00:03:36
of July, we kick off the day with our. 00:03:42
Blue I'm just a Blu-ray. Make it. 00:03:50
With our pancake breakfast, which we're selling tickets for now to Cactus at the farmers market, but with our tickets for medical 00:03:56
models and it's going to be at most Point Park to start the day. 00:04:01
Thank you guys so much. 00:04:39
Can I just say thank you so much for enlivening and, you know, creating such interesting events and, and really just creating such 00:04:43
vibrance in Pacific Grove. Thank you on behalf of the whole board. Excellent job. 00:04:51
Hello, my name is Chris Evans. I am one of the board members along with Christine Gruber and Michelle Evans. 00:05:00
The war boomers aren't here today. This is our third year. 00:05:06
So that's what we're trying to do. We're trying to get some kids can come up and talk. These are big events. The whole town 00:05:11
hopefully is going to be involved. Last year this organization was able to fund us $2900. We would love the same thing this year. 00:05:19
We learned to be great stewards of our money. It's difficult raising money and so we are more efficient than we've ever been. 00:05:28
And we're also listening to the public. And so this year it appeared during the Summer lights. We're going to have the music 00:05:37
throughout the day. Different bands are going to be playing. In between the bands playing, there's going to be different cultural 00:05:44
events. And so it's going to be jam packed. The masters are going to be the MCS for the day and. 00:05:51
They're a big part of things. I do have a letter that we gave out to the business community, and I'd like to talk to each of you 00:06:00
just so you have a copy of that. 00:06:03
Does anybody have any questions that I can answer? 00:06:08
First of all. 00:06:13
You know, we're really super thankful to be able to do this. 00:06:15
If you don't mind, I. 00:06:22
The 30 years my kids are doing that to now be in charge of peppery, it's a huge deal, right? And so just that easy activities. So 00:06:26
anyway, thank you very much for your time. 00:06:34
Thank you. Thank you so much. 00:06:43
Thank you SO. 00:06:52
So, Christy I. 00:06:56
The audio wasn't awesome on that, I caught most of it but. 00:07:00
Can you just recap the final bit for me? 00:07:06
About the funding. 00:07:10
Yes, last year the bid funded donated $2500 to the summer lights to the Youth Ambassadors and they're asking for that again. So if 00:07:12
you want to make a motion and we have our, we had given them that money because we normally gave that to Butterfly Days, but since 00:07:20
that program didn't exist, we shifted it over to the Youth Ambassadors. 00:07:28
And we do have that budget. 00:07:37
All right, I move that we donate the same amount this year. They, you know, they're doing an impressive job. 00:07:41
Any second. 00:07:49
Awesome. 00:07:53
And Christy, would you mind helping us vote yes? 00:07:54
Lid motioned. 00:08:00
Mariana yes. Stephanie, yes. 00:08:01
And Alexa, yes. 00:08:07
All approved. 00:08:10
Thank you. 00:08:14
Lovely, OK. 00:08:17
Can I ask if there's any other public comment? 00:08:21
And like I say, my zoom is weird. I can't see if there's anyone else on. Can I just assume there is no one else on because I'm not 00:08:27
saying anything. All right, OK. 00:08:32
Awesome. Then let's go on to agenda item 3, ongoing business, So. 00:08:39
The financials we have our new treasurer, Stephanie, could you please focus the the financial review? Sure. So if we're looking, I 00:08:46
think the thing that's most helpful is the profit and loss. 00:08:54
Do they have that in their pockets? Yes, Everybody OK? Yeah. So the profit and loss. 00:09:03
If we take a look at that. 00:09:12
We see in the budget that our total program income is $34,000 and that is the amount that is normally we normally get $33,000 from 00:09:16
the city. 00:09:22
And we are expecting that again, they will be discussing the the Business Improvement District at tonight's City Council meeting. 00:09:30
And then if we. 00:09:42
We don't have. 00:09:44
Our budget is pretty straightforward because there aren't a ton of events that we that we do each year. And as you can see. 00:09:46
And again, we're looking at July of last year through May of this year. So when you're looking at community projects, that's 00:09:59
exactly the line item where this donation, the youth ambassadors will be coming from that 2500 that you see in the July 23rd, May 00:10:07
24th is the amount that we gave them last year. So that's why that's there of course will be having a clean slate with the new 00:10:15
fiscal year. So again, it's loaded the 2500. 00:10:23
And I don't know if anybody has any questions. As you can see, we've got First Friday. 00:10:32
I don't know in previous years what we've done, have we helped with advertising with First Friday I, well, it's zero right now, 00:10:40
right? But it has a budget of 15. 00:10:45
Have we done that in the past list? Have we donated to 1st Friday? I remember in the beginning, in the beginning of kind of a 00:10:57
boost. 00:11:00
Annually. 00:11:06
I think we did, not that I know. So that may be something. 00:11:08
It's a good thing to yeah, to look at, absolutely. So maybe that is something that we should make a decision about. 00:11:19
Our, our, our goal is to get to 0, which is a little unusual, but for each year and we're, we're pretty much completely in line 00:11:29
from. 00:11:36
From last year, pending the the city assessment. 00:11:45
But I don't know if there's any questions anybody has. Is Adrian still in charge or directing the she used to ask every year. I 00:11:52
don't. I'm sure we gave. 00:11:57
OK. 00:12:06
OK. Unless you so I don't know that we discussed it last year, I don't remember it ever coming up. 00:12:09
No, we've, we've not been approached for several years about First Friday, but. 00:12:20
You know it is a popular event and it would be great to shout about it and and increase footfall so. 00:12:25
So this the way this is set up. 00:12:36
We're not seeing itemization for the different events that we do and I think that might be useful for us for a planning meeting 00:12:39
for this year. 00:12:43
And I don't know if we should do it as a subcommittee apart from, you know, the the Zoom meeting. But I think that. 00:12:48
You know, or, or whether there's something you want to do in a, in a scheduled meeting, But you know, we need to sort of decide 00:12:59
how much for Halloween, how much for the Christmas event, how much for Jock the block and decide if there's any other events that 00:13:04
we want to. 00:13:08
Like plan ahead for SO. 00:13:15
Can I just open that for discussion, like would you know for the forward planning, can you know what are your thoughts on that, 00:13:20
how you'd like to approach that? 00:13:25
I thought we always had designated funds for certain events, the spring event with the baseball cards and all of that Halloween. 00:13:32
But Steve Thomas would be the person to ask for those things. 00:13:43
I agree that it might be helpful to have them itemized on our on our budget just so that we can see, you know, that we're hitting 00:13:49
those totals for those events. 00:13:54
And especially if we're considering. 00:14:01
You know, possibly changing up some of the advertising that we're going to be doing for events and possibly, you know, hiring 00:14:06
Christina Rodriguez to help us with chop the block again. I think it would be good to look at those numbers. I. 00:14:14
By individual events. 00:14:24
If you would like to push it to the next meeting, this is actually you're going to have your final year end financial. This is 00:14:27
through May. So then we get to June. So now we've closed out everything on June 30th. So I'll have all your updated financials and 00:14:33
then I can print a detailed schedule of exactly what you gave to each organization throughout the year and I can go there with you 00:14:39
and present it to the board. 00:14:45
If you want to push this final decision. 00:14:53
How much you want to give? 00:14:57
To the first writing. 00:15:00
Well, it would be easier to kind of look at the whole budget and and you know, look at the whole pie and see how how big a piece 00:15:05
we want to carve out for each event. Would that be so Christy and I can work on that for the next meeting so that I can present to 00:15:14
the board show you exactly how much is for each event. So we looking forward for this next fiscal year, we know exactly where. 00:15:22
We're allocating the funds. 00:15:30
I would love the feeling of control that that gives. So then you get the whole absolutely. I think it's a good idea, OK. 00:15:34
Any other discussion on the budget? 00:15:50
I mean, I get quite a kick out of looking at this and seeing how many useful things to be ideas doing and. 00:15:56
I like that we're using 100% of the budget and you know, we have options and we think hard about what we want to spend it on and 00:16:05
kind of excited with the new board going ahead, you know, having the opportunity to do this again this year, so. 00:16:12
You know, look forward to this coming up next meeting. 00:16:20
All right, so if there are no more comments, then shrink that and go to the other screen. OK, Well, you don't get off the hook 00:16:26
Stephanie. Sorry. Yours is the next agenda. 3B the the all are welcome decal. So the all are welcome decals. We have fifty of 00:16:35
them. Did we ever distribute that else about them? OK. 00:16:44
Right detail. I just sent that Did you know Ellen may have pushed it out? OK, yeah, so we have fifty of them and I. 00:16:55
Did the install on the ones on my building and they worked perfectly. They do require that you use that you use a squeegee and 00:17:03
some water with a little bit of dish soap in it. I didn't realize window decals are supposed to be applied like claims or supposed 00:17:11
to be applied wet. I learned that from the company that I ordered them from because I was like they're showing all these Marks and 00:17:19
they don't look good but they look great and I've already gotten multiple comments from customers. 00:17:26
How nice it is to see that and that they will absolutely come back to the shop. So they're available at the chamber office and we 00:17:35
did write a note about it. I don't know that I sent out. We can have a resend it. OK, We did get a look because we did get a 00:17:42
little bit of feedback. 00:17:49
OK, so they are going out but we do have 50 and I'm happy to order more. They were very inexpensive so I'm happy to donate more as 00:17:57
as needed. 00:18:02
But I think it's a really nice, it's very simple and clear and colorful. And I think it's nice for those businesses wishing to 00:18:08
express their support for all their customers. 00:18:15
Yeah, I agree. Before we get on to discussion, could I just say is there any other, is there any public comment on this agenda 00:18:25
item? 00:18:29
All right, seeing none, yeah. Could you know any questions, comments from the board? 00:18:37
I mean, I my comment is just that they look great. I've had positive comments and again, I just like the fact that it makes us 00:18:46
look like a welcoming town. And you know, it's an upbeat, it's a great message. So I'd love to spread it so. 00:18:54
Anyway, anything else from anyone? 00:19:04
OK, so we've got the the newbie ID logo and did everybody get their e-mail about that? 00:19:08
Yes, from Steve last night, right, OK. And I I hope you had a chance to reply. There was it was kind of a fun one that one, Steve. 00:19:17
I take it Steve is here? 00:19:29
He's not he's, he's out of the area. 00:19:32
Understood. OK, so then. 00:19:36
I think what we were going to do was once we received that e-mail that we were going to give ourselves a week to look at it and 00:19:41
comment and get those comments back to Steve. So that hopefully at the next meeting we're, you know, either finalizing the idea or 00:19:47
going back to the artist who submitted it with, you know, the change that we'd like to see. But I thought that the inclusion of 00:19:53
the light post. 00:20:00
Works nicely on some of those. Yeah. Yeah, it was a genius idea, whoever thought of it. And the results look, look great. So I'm. 00:20:08
I'm excited about that, too. OK, let's skip ahead just for good measure. Any comment from the public. 00:20:16
So should we say that we all have by next week, This time we'll have our comments to Steve about those. 00:20:26
Did you get the e-mail? 00:20:35
Yeah, yeah. Wonderful. So. 00:20:40
Item four, sorry if I'm a little bit out of sync with you. It's so hard. You know, from a distance, technology is great, but in 00:20:47
real life is better. Anyway, I'm going to move on to agenda item 4A. 00:20:53
This is new business, this is the bid board vacancy. So we mentioned this last time and said we would all contact people who we 00:20:59
thought were civic minded, you know, interested in promoting our downtown and you know, we're enthusiastic about the goals of the 00:21:09
bid and so on. You, you all mentioned a lot of, you know, great people. So can we take nominations for I don't think I need to. 00:21:19
Open this to public comment, right? 00:21:29
Well, I will just in case. Is there any public comment? This is just nominations. OK, seeing none. 00:21:32
I'd like to invite nominations for our board vacancy. 00:21:42
Is also Mayor Pete sent me an e-mail and I have an application. So anybody that is interested, we can give them the application to 00:21:48
fill out and then City Council will give it a final approval. We'll take it to them, I'll send it to Mayor Peak and then they'll 00:21:53
give us a final approval. 00:21:59
So Christy, we've never done that before. We've we've never done that before as an ad hoc committee. We've always done it just 00:22:06
verbally. But is this a new city policy that to do it with application, I don't know if it's new or you just haven't done it. 00:22:15
Do you know? 00:22:26
It kind of gets a description about them because I, I walked around and there are a few people interested. So it looks like we're 00:23:07
going to have a few to choose from. Well, that's what comedians a good point on a separate note that maybe we haven't done. And 00:23:11
that's kind of introduced the board to the council. 00:23:16
That might be a way to facilitate that maybe in the beginning one of our council probably more is like a presentation or 00:23:23
something, you know, a little bit more time. We could do something out of that to kind of bring people into the, you know. 00:23:29
Into the fold of the city and get to know each other. And when they put, we sent in the annual report two meetings ago and they 00:23:36
approved, but now we get new people, they want to just do it. I don't know how formal it is, if it's, you know, because it was in 00:23:42
the annual report before. So this might just be one, just letting him know that we are filling the other vacancies so you'll get 00:23:49
the final approval. Yeah. So I think again, you know, if you want to. So it sounds like you're not ready for your second seat yet, 00:23:55
just your first one. 00:24:01
National exhaust. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Dirty vote already. They already voted on on her and so she'll be included and then they can 00:24:08
work on the other vacancy and then send them both to City Council. 00:24:14
OK. I'm just confused. I thought ad hoc committees, they you know. 00:24:25
And I'm only, I'm not being a anti this idea or anything like that. I'm just, it's just a policy question. I, we've never had the 00:24:33
council approve anyone. And I do understand that there have been some issues lately and I understand that they want to, you know, 00:24:40
make sure that everything is going according to policy. But I. 00:24:48
I don't, I mean, don't we have the last say on this like, and I'm just thinking of the eventuality. If like if there were a 00:24:57
nomination and we like the person, but the, the council didn't approve. I'm just curious. I, I didn't think that they had 00:25:03
authority to like go against our decision. Like is that what? 00:25:10
Is that what the situation is? I mean, can someone just explain, like maybe Matt, you'd be a good person for that? Like is, is it 00:25:18
ultimately now something that the council wants to have control over? 00:25:24
Well, I didn't take the kind of discussion. I guess it happened. There's so much approving individuals as much as approving the 00:25:32
roster. And I think that's kind of what's happened through the annual resolution. 00:25:38
You mean the list of you know who your board was and that was part of the resolution that was approved each year for the 00:25:50
assessment. So I think we're just talking about that. That was listed last year with. 00:25:56
One or two vacancies, I'm not sure which one. So I think it'd just be a kind of a cheer up of that. So kind of having a full 00:26:03
roster, you know. 00:26:08
Beyond that, I don't think I'm prepared at the moment to really dig into what the policy would be because I don't I. 00:26:12
OK. So they just want to see the sorry, they want to see who we've nominated or who we've voted for which roster. 00:26:19
That must have been what, May 16th perhaps you know, you the bid transported or is the chamber trans Yeah, sent this over to the 00:26:28
list of your your Advisory Board. 00:26:34
And then that in the annual report, in the annual report and as part of the council renewing the assessment, you know, that's part 00:26:41
of the package. Here's the board that's been selected by the by the, I guess most yourselves. I, I think there's, there's a 00:26:47
reason. 00:26:54
Or the city to know who the board members are because there's requirements, you know, business license, right, things like that. 00:27:01
So. 00:27:05
So I think what we're trying what we're saying is the last time this was the council, there was you know, one seat that you know 00:27:10
turned out more current on their assessments. So in order to make in order to be able to kind of move forward and put that so I 00:27:17
really don't have to go forward and and be gone for next year. 00:27:24
We forgot the person who was not current their assessments and we just made a vacancy. So I think what we're talking about now is 00:27:33
just making this roster be complete. And you know what, what the technical way of the city receiving that I think is something we 00:27:40
don't need to determine. I'm not sure you've been done this before or if it's OK. So I think what I'm I don't think you know, 00:27:47
we're at we're necessarily saying that we're changing. 00:27:54
Policies and practices and what you've done before. I think it's it was just a question of, hey, you have a non full roster, full 00:28:01
roster. 00:28:06
OK, perfect. Yeah, that clarifies everything. Thank you. I I just was wondering what? So yeah, it's to perform a formal check on 00:28:12
on nominees. OK, good. So can we move on then to to accepting nominations? 00:28:21
I think Christy, you had you wanted to nominate a couple of people, there were a couple of people. Our banks, Alessandra Bush with 00:28:34
Mechanics Bank is interested and Rodolfo with U.S. bank interests are two banks. 00:28:40
And those are the ones that I've talked to recently. And then I have a list of other things approach that are other businesses. 00:28:49
But those, those are the only ones that replied to you, yeah. 00:28:57
OK, so yeah, I actually nominated Alessandro and the reason I did was just, I mean, I don't know if any of you know him, but I've 00:29:02
had several of his employees come into the restaurant and they just absolutely rave about Alessandro and say like, you know, we've 00:29:09
we've never had such a, you know, fabulous working relationship. He's great. He's you know, so he's I don't, you know, know him 00:29:16
other than a few meetings, but. 00:29:23
I was just impressed that his employees, you know, the staff are so enthusiastic about having him as a manager. So he, he seems 00:29:31
like a vibrant, you know, someone who would. 00:29:36
Be committed to building relationships in the in this community. So and it's that's. 00:29:43
So to speak, you know, it's not a bad idea. And also, you know, they generously let us use their power and their lava for all of 00:29:51
our events and they do not have to do that. So I think it's nice that he has our, you know, he wants to be part of our group and 00:30:00
support us. So I think it's a a smart nomination. 00:30:08
Right. So, so Christy, could you give anyone who's expressed an interest, could you give them an application and then the next 00:30:19
step would be they submit it, it goes to the city to review and then we can vote. Is that right? 00:30:27
Yes. 00:30:37
OK. So it's a bit of a process. We'll try to. 00:30:39
We'll try to get at all the, you know, the I started in the T's crossed for our next meeting so that we can vote on that. Does 00:30:45
that sound like a plan? 00:30:49
OK. 00:30:56
Right. 00:30:57
Then OK, our next If there's no more to say on that, can I move along? 00:31:00
Like I can. OK, thank you. So 4B is attendance policy and that would be my item. Just very briefly, I'd like to propose an 00:31:07
attendance policy similar to what we have on the EDC and well, basically the citywide boards, which is just that you're allowed to 00:31:17
excused absences a year. Otherwise attend in real life or by Zoom. 00:31:27
And the. 00:31:37
You know the the two. 00:31:39
Absences could be illness or. 00:31:43
Planned holidays or whatever. 00:31:46
And let me see, I've got the the wording on my phone so. 00:31:49
So we have 11 meetings per year because we don't do one into December. 00:32:01
So with two absences allowed, that's a nine minimum that we would do and then? 00:32:06
And then we would also like in the policy say we would reserve discretion for protracted illness or something that's a bona fide 00:32:10
excuse that we, you know, we want to allow. But then if. 00:32:18
You know, as a consequence, if they're, if you know, there's just, you know, continued protracted for long absences and we don't 00:32:27
hear from someone, then I think our position would be let's let another business owner use the position on the board to benefit 00:32:35
the business community. So that's what I wanted to propose and. 00:32:43
Let me at this point ask if there's any public comment. 00:32:52
Seeing none. 00:32:59
Board can discuss. 00:33:00
I think it's important. I mean, I don't think we need to have absentee board members because we, you know, work on projects and. 00:33:05
I think 2 two out of 11 meetings is fine. 00:33:17
But I I agree, I think there should be an attendance policy there is on every other board item, so. 00:33:24
Yeah, OK. I think it's just saying that this position means something and it's, you know, a privilege to be able to work together 00:33:34
in this way. And, you know, if you aren't interested, then, you know. 00:33:41
Don't sign up kind of thing so. 00:33:49
OK. 00:33:52
Do we need to vote on that, Christy? 00:33:54
Probably, yeah, if you didn't have it and I can put together the sheet that you would like. 00:33:57
Would you, should we have a formal written statement before we vote or is this verbal? OK. 00:34:05
Purple's okay as long as we're agreeing that there's two allowed absences and, you know, if there's other circumstances we can 00:34:14
look at that, you know, prolonged illness or whatnot. But I think that moving going forward, I mean, do we say like starting? 00:34:24
In August, you know, starting the August meeting. That's like the first one. Yeah, Yeah. 00:34:37
I I think that's good. Great. OK, so I move any seconds. 00:34:44
2nd. 00:34:51
Thank you. 00:34:53
Yes, Liz Jacobs. 00:34:57
Aye. 00:35:02
And Alexis? Yes, all approved with Jason and Kim pull and absent. 00:35:06
OK then. 00:35:15
Yeah, so the arts district is the next agenda item and that would be 4C. It's just an update. Some of you had asked what's going 00:35:18
on. Yeah, not, not a huge amount. We've had a bit of AI, don't know, not fallow period. But you know, we, we were working on Chalk 00:35:27
the block and the other big thing that's going on. 00:35:36
I mean, there's been lots of ideas, but what it takes is a committee and money and, you know, people to to do roll up their 00:35:45
sleeves and get things happening. So that's the hard part. So what we have is a really exciting Film Festival coming up in 00:35:53
September 2025. The Lighthouse Cinema is the the sort of the, well, that's the place. And the organizers are the manager at the 00:36:01
Lighthouse and who's probably the point person, I guess, for this event. 00:36:08
And. 00:36:17
For students from CSUMB that are in film studies and they are really, you know, impressive, really making it happen. I'm so 00:36:19
touched that this young talent really has focused on Pacific Grove and. 00:36:27
So vibrant and wants to create an event. And not only that, one of the people involved, Clemencia Macias, she's an internationally 00:36:36
famous photographer, filmmaker who lives in town. She's pretty connected and she's offered to invite International Film makers. So 00:36:44
it could be a high profile event. I mean, I don't know, it's our first one. We'll see, you know, but they, they're ambitious. 00:36:52
They're aspiring to do some really. 00:37:00
Interesting. Engaging. 00:37:08
Plans and also Sundance has has decided that they want to like decentralize the Sundance Festival and actually give film 00:37:13
screenings to. 00:37:18
Independent cinemas around the country. So they're trying to work with Sundance to have that going on as well, and also 00:37:26
internationally famous film makers that can, you know, come in and give lectures and give classes at the Arts Center so. 00:37:33
You know, this is like the brainstorming stage and there's lots of great ideas. We really hope that they'll have the support they 00:37:41
need and make it a festival. And, you know, they were saying like, hey, we could fill up hotels. We could do, you know, they were. 00:37:48
They they had a very probusiness side to it. So I think that is going to resonate with our board and so that's exciting and. 00:37:55
We'll be looking for grant money and stuff to help support it and, you know, put their publicity and all that, you know, with our 00:38:07
non-profit status on the arts district. Also the EDC was super supportive they. 00:38:15
We printed the Arts District maps which you've seen. 00:38:24
Where a few people have said like no, but you left out such and such. So we're going to add a little bit to it. And there was one 00:38:30
numbering mistake. So that was just a small run of 1000, I think, but we're doing a really big run and the EDC has offered well 00:38:38
has approved 3000 from their budget. I've had a very hard time. I mean, Matt is sitting there. I have to give Matt. 00:38:46
The estimates, the reason you haven't seen it is that the, you know, distribution distribution company just hasn't come back to 00:38:55
me. So I anyways, as soon as I get that, I, I will send you the, the, the quotes and then, you know, we can go through the process 00:39:04
of seeing if that gets approved higher up. So, yeah, so that's the arts district at the moment. Any public comments? 00:39:14
Seeing none. 00:39:26
Board discussion. Oh, is there one? 00:39:29
Would the board like to discuss or ask questions or anything? 00:39:36
I just had one comment on the Film Festival. I don't know if you know, are they using other venues around downtown or the area to 00:39:41
showcase films at the same time and you go different locations. I was part of the Napa Film Festival and that's what we did and it 00:39:46
was all spread out throughout the whole town. 00:39:51
Not just doing the standard. 00:39:58
At the moment, no. And maybe one of the reasons for that is the, you know, the Lighthouse Cinemas, the new cinema and they're in 00:40:02
need of support themselves. So they are, this is kind of going to hopefully be a helpful thing for them. I and the Arts Center is 00:40:08
they they offered to screen films and the cinema said no, we'd really like to have them here. So that's where we're at for the 00:40:15
very first one. 00:40:22
But you can just imagine if this did, if this was successful, if it grew, and it will take time and all that. 00:40:30
Of course that makes, you know, absolute good sense to have different venues around town to make it more of a, you know, community 00:40:38
citywide thing, but at the moment, for just the initial stages, this is a cinema based thing. 00:40:46
Any other questions? 00:40:59
All right, seeing none I. 00:41:04
So business updates. Oh no, you've got me again. OK, so the EDC, we've had a little bit of a hit this year. We had to miss two 00:41:10
meetings because of staff issues. So, you know, that was a little bit hard for some of our projects, but I was getting back on 00:41:19
track and Kelsey Richmond, owner of Captain and Stoker is just done an amazing job with the. 00:41:27
Concert series. It's starting. 00:41:38
Oh, when is the first one, Christy? Is it this Friday or next Friday? I forget. 00:41:41
This Friday. 00:41:49
Starting in July for three August, July, August and September. 00:41:56
From Five to Seven Park. 00:42:03
Right. So not only is Kelsey organizing her big art event in Monterey and she's expecting a baby, she's also doing this concert 00:42:07
series. So what's really cool about it is that they've used the money to hire a local guy who's an advanced guy to to do it and. 00:42:16
He's doing a really good job, it would seem so far. Instead of having food stands at the concert, they're experimenting with the 00:42:27
new model, which is to send out a flyer to local restaurants and say, hey, would you like to, would you like us to advertise your 00:42:34
take out food for this event? So that was really cool. We got the the flyer and, you know, we've chosen some menu items that would 00:42:41
work well for that and. 00:42:48
Given it a special price. So, you know, we'll see if, you know, people can bring their own picnic, obviously, but if they want to 00:42:56
pick up something in town, they can do that and. 00:43:01
We're doing picnic baskets and tablecloths and things. You can go spread out on the on the grass and do that and yeah, so. 00:43:08
You know, big props to them for really trying to support local restaurants. So that's one thing they're doing. 00:43:17
There is a signage project Commissioner Gibbs is working on where he is hoping to, I don't think of I guess. 00:43:26
It's hard to explain someone else's project, but the the ultimate scope it would be to get better signage for attractions in 00:43:38
downtown, so he's working on that. 00:43:43
And. 00:43:49
You know, the C Monterrey came and gave a presentation and I kind of wanted to. 00:43:52
Use this as an excuse to kind of bring this up to you guys. There is a, if you look at how Pacific Grove is represented in Sea 00:44:00
Monterey, I, it's overall, you know, solid, but I'm just wondering if we could optimize our representation a little bit there. And 00:44:10
I, I feel like it would be a huge bonus if we had maybe a subcommittee or somebody working. 00:44:20
With them one to one over a little bit of time, they get a huge chunk of the city's budget, you know, for marketing. Could we 00:44:30
curate that a little bit? Could we monitor it a little bit? Could we, I mean. 00:44:36
For the last two years they've been advertising a business which is closed so. 00:44:45
And that particular like 48 hours in Pacific Grove has been there since I came here six years ago. So, you know, I have actually 00:44:51
written something for it to say, OK, could you replace it? And that didn't go anywhere. I don't know why, but, you know, could. 00:44:58
I'm just wondering, is that something that would be of interest? And I don't, it's not really. 00:45:06
The agenda item to discuss that, but I wanted to put the flea in your ear so that you can think about that and we'll come back to 00:45:15
it. 00:45:18
Another time so that anyway can I ask Matt, since you're there, is there anything I missed about the EDC that the the bid should 00:45:22
know about? 00:45:27
I don't believe so. I think you get it all. I was going to offer the opportunity to. 00:45:34
See Monterey and usually seems pretty eager to come out and work with different community members. So we have a representative who 00:45:40
we can invite to one of these meetings. We can talk to her about ways to maximize some of that marketing. Some might be one way to 00:45:48
do it. This has come up before years past and it's always been presented as something that we need to give them the information 00:45:56
and they'd be more than happy to present it. But it's what we feed into. It is what we're going to get out of it. 00:46:04
Is what they've told us. Now you say you said something about some fascinated information and they didn't jump on it. 00:46:12
That that shouldn't be but. 00:46:23
Yeah, that that information has now been updated. We've been in touch with them and no one did a really good job going through 00:46:27
everything. 00:46:30
So they appreciated that. So we'll stay on top of that. 00:46:36
Yeah, yeah, it's easy to get away from it. Just the tune up all the time. 00:46:39
Right. I mean, I can see it being something that's definitely of interest to the Chamber of Commerce, to the HID, to the EDC, but 00:46:47
also to the bid. And I just was wondering if there was that was a shared feeling with anyone else. If if you wanted to like have a 00:46:54
subcommittee and kind of do a deep dive, look at it and see if we wanted to give feedback and then I don't know, we could write 00:47:02
some copy, get some photos or whatever and. 00:47:09
You know, bring it to a board meeting and see like, you know, is this like do we want to submit this? I don't know. It's just 00:47:19
because I totally agree, Matt, That's it's always. 00:47:24
Like Synergy, when you have invite someone to the board meeting and they talk and you get a chance to have an exchange. But I feel 00:47:30
like this is a little bit more detailed. So it would ideally be subcommittee work. So I don't know. 00:47:36
It seems to me that it should be a chamber, like we would feed whatever groups have things going on to the chamber, and the 00:47:43
chamber would kind of take the direction of providing that to the. 00:47:50
I That's my feeling. 00:47:59
Yeah, I agree. 00:48:04
You're the best monitor. 00:48:07
Do you want to have a? 00:48:12
Do you want to have a little working party and sort of see if we want to give something over to the chamber? 00:48:18
Does that resonate with anyone or is it like, no, but the chamber have a have a deep dive. 00:48:26
I think groups have to submit to the Chamber what's important to them or what events are coming up that the chamber may not know 00:48:33
about. 00:48:37
But. 00:48:43
In the end. 00:48:45
When we're not quite as busy, at least I'm speaking for myself. Could we, could we have a look at that and make a proposal to the 00:48:48
chamber? I mean, you guys happy with that? 00:48:53
Put it on the agenda in the autumn of September. 00:48:59
Can also send out like an annual e-mail to all the different EDC bod for input. 00:49:04
And then? 00:49:10
OK. So that it just it seemed like it's not going to happen unless we actually do the work. That's what I was thinking. So. 00:49:14
And I'm more than happy to. 00:49:24
Push around some ideas and you know, try and make it happen, but I kind of wanted to see it sounds like you're more or less in 00:49:27
agreement that we should do something about it, so. 00:49:32
OK. For instance, like Summer Lights, does the Sea Monterey, do they have all that information and they're pushing it out or what? 00:49:38
What are they doing with that if we send it to them? Yeah, only if we send it to them. So I mean, for instance, I contacted them 00:49:45
about Chalk the Block and they put it on, you know, they advertised it, but it's only if you speak up in this world. I think 00:49:53
they've always made that clear that you need to get them. 00:50:00
What you want to see publicized or spread? Yeah. 00:50:09
OK, that's probably why it's supposed to be. It's like any community calendar. You have to submit it. It's not just updated, push 00:50:16
it. 00:50:24
OK. All right. So I apologize, I kind of overran there. 00:50:35
Let's hear an update from, well, Christy. We've got the Chamber of Commerce and TIC. 00:50:41
And I think he's going to be a great asset to the Chamber, into our community. And he already knows so many people here. So I'm so 00:51:24
excited. And it was really hard decision. We had great applicants. 00:51:29
Yeah, he is great. Yeah. So I'm really excited that we're going to have him on board starting July 17th. And do you want me to 00:51:36
jump into the HID the next one, Linds? 00:51:42
Please. 00:51:49
And said there are no more roadblocks. They are on the way to getting all of their permits and design and everything done right 00:52:26
now. They're projected into 2027 for completion and they'll keep us updated. 00:52:32
We have been doing every week we do a call around to all of our hotels for availability. We call today for Thursday to Sunday 00:52:41
availability every single week. And it it they are filling up. So they say a lot of people are coming back. Our tour center said 00:52:47
we're getting a lot of Europeans coming, this is their travel time. So you should start seeing what foot traffic downtown if you 00:52:53
haven't already. And then we have car week coming up and that. 00:52:59
It. 00:53:08
Yeah, fabulous. Thanks so much. Christy, can I just ask if anyone else has any business updates around town? 00:53:10
And it's rock'n'roll doughnuts. 00:53:59
But he's not gonna make him there. He'll bring him in, and it won't be the fancy notice. It'll be basic Donuts you can pick up. 00:54:00
We see who else is new. 00:54:07
Oh, the grill at Levers Point. 00:54:11
Take it over by Stokes Adobe owners. So we're waiting to see what they're going to do with that. So that's real exciting. 00:54:15
And then we have. 00:54:22
Yeah, and I don't know. Yeah. I mean, you've been going around and nobody's really sure if that's the thing, you know, we're 00:54:26
waiting to see. And then Passionfish. 00:54:29
And Ted retired, a new owner is Meryl that owns Fishwife and her son and El Vecchio. June 1st was what? And new owners and 00:54:36
Stephanie Kelly and they he was the first chef at Electia with 21 years old and now he's back. So that's really kind of yeah. 00:54:46
It's really, really exciting because they really have a good interest. So I think it's just going to, you know, keep getting 00:54:57
better. So nice to keep those open and going. 00:55:01
Much about it that I can think of. That's a lot of exciting. Roster would never go along. 00:55:07
Is always good because they get really excited and they're very involved in the community. 00:55:14
Anyway. 00:55:51
The besides what we have, that'll bring even more people to our area. So if you think of anything we could try to help look for 00:56:08
those. 00:56:12
Yeah, I, I've got so many ideas about that. But, you know, whatever, you know, wine tasting has been something everyone's wanted 00:56:19
for a while, but I think like outdoor stores, outdoor activity stuff, you know, I just recently had family visiting and. Oh, this. 00:56:25
Yep. 00:56:31
Yeah, we did the tide pooling. We did the class through the Natural History Museum and you know. 00:56:39
Yes, stuff that enhances what we have here, so there's lots we could do. Anyway, I see the time and don't want to get in trouble 00:56:46
with Lori, so let's. 00:56:51
Let's just adjourn for now. Look forward to seeing you all in real life soon. And it is 932 and we'll adjourn. Thank you. 00:56:59
Very nice. 00:57:08
scroll up