No Bookmarks Exist.
Hello. There we go. Thanks. Mike Gibson, resident City Grove. I'm a member of the Economic Development Commission here in Fiji. 00:00:00
And I was think I was here in October to. 00:00:11
And I just had a couple of things to mention. 00:00:15
That's all I get on the record here. First of all, there is apparently a new. 00:00:19
Daylighting with a little bit, we heard about this law that passed on January the 1st. 00:00:24
And it's California was. 00:00:31
Later states to adopt this but. 00:00:35
It prohibits sparkling the whole 20 feet of across the. 00:00:38
And I think it's a pretty interesting thing. You can go find just look up daylighting on on Google and it's affected January the 00:00:42
first don't know how it's going to. 00:00:47
You know apartments or anything like that. There's 20 people in the crosswalk. They must have clear. 00:00:54
So something to look up. 00:00:59
I don't usually do social media. Some of you may know that my name is featured on social media sometimes. So I go on and it was an 00:01:02
interesting thread just before Christmas. 00:01:06
On a couple of the social media sites wondering about. 00:01:11
The Christmas market that Fiji used to have, I don't know. I think I saw some reference to. 00:01:16
And some of the couple council members actually mentioned this on social media. 00:01:20
What happened in the Christmas market now, if that was under your purview or not? And I saw pictures of what PG look like with 00:01:25
Christmas 20 years ago when they were like strung all back and forth across the street. And my wife and I visited San Luis Obispo 00:01:31
on Christmas and their entire downtown was led off and it was pretty cool. 00:01:37
So I'm just just throwing that out there, didn't didn't know if you all had information. 00:01:43
I would. 00:01:49
Encourage any local businesses or people to come. There is a subcommittee talking about downtown business fatality and there are I 00:01:53
think on on this Thursday tomorrow, there's going to be a discussion of 15 or 16 different points to just improve the. 00:02:01
You know, downtown is a is a place to visit and shop. So you might. 00:02:09
And the business community might take a look at that. I would just encourage. 00:02:14
The idea and EDC work together. 00:02:19
If you're a business show up to the meeting, you know if you're interested, all of our my emails is there. You can contact me 00:02:22
anyway. That we can work together I think would be would be wonderful. 00:02:27
The last thing I would mention is, is that I was just looking at city website. Maybe I missed it, but a city passed a couple 00:02:34
websites. One is called it's just a city website. 00:02:39
And the other is pick PG. How many people have been supposed to do this but have been to the pick PG? 00:02:44
Website. 00:02:49
I go to look at it. I think it's pickpg.org I believe. 00:02:52
That's a great site for businesses that are looking to relocate here. Look at the site, Lots of raw business data. 00:02:55
Media income and we breakdown all the business districts. 00:03:03
By markets, by restaurants, by basically the industry category. 00:03:07
And it needs updating. One of the things we're going to talk about tomorrow is that the website is a little bit out of date. It 00:03:13
was popped up there during COVID and it really hasn't been updated. So it shows the aquarium is still being closed. 00:03:18
CSUMB is being closed and some of the maps don't show all of the new restaurants. 00:03:25
Down campus, so some of those seem to need to be improved. So take a look website and send any comments you've got into the EDC. 00:03:30
If you haven't seen anything there, our meetings tomorrow at 4:00 and. 00:03:35
Down. 00:03:43
So I need tired. I don't see entirely 3 minutes is probably up. So I want to wish everybody a happy new year and a prosperous 00:03:45
2024. I think it's going to be better. I was in a meeting last night. There's a homeless program called the Eye Health Program 00:03:51
that needs 2 days. 00:03:56
Saturdays at will spring church and so these are guys that have a place to sleep when we only prepare a meal, we serve at home 00:04:02
when we sit deeply. And I was asking those eighteen guys who are basically homeless, I said how you feeling about 2024? And most 00:04:08
of them said it's gotta be better than 2023. And I had so much feel the same way. 00:04:14
You know we've got jobs or we don't. We have a place to live or we don't. So thank you very much and look forward to maybe see 00:04:20
some of you see. 00:04:24
Great. Do we have? Oh, sorry. You want to take? 00:04:31
Oh. 00:04:35
I'm thinking that's online. Would you guys mind? 00:04:43
I have a question for you. 00:04:48
The first of all, comment on the. 00:04:52
Yes. So they also need to say ambulance on the 3rd Thursday, which is sponsored by FPG Rotary. And then the question part of it 00:04:57
was the subcommittee you mentioned is that. 00:05:03
Let's see. So many are in ABC something, yeah, and eight. There was a consulting firm called HDL and they asked to provide the 00:05:09
business license little TRT collection for the city Pacific Grove and one of the consultants came in and during right after COVID 00:05:15
did an analysis. 00:05:21
And produce a report. There are 15 or 16 action items on the report, one of them being the website, the other, you know, some of 00:05:27
Google's to downtown as we'll see discussion about. 00:05:32
You know, parking and carpets. It happens to be on the list of films there. 00:05:38
And I would just thank you for mentioning some old ones. These guys have a meal and a place to see 365 days a year from and 00:05:43
there's 18 or so churches that participate in this. 00:05:48
And so they have a place to live and a place to get a meal. They do need help. They are really struggling. They live ties 00:05:54
provided. 00:05:58
That was the biggest provider and after the floods just out of some ruleless they took a lot of money to support people when our 00:06:04
teams community. So they lost a significant amount of funding and they're looking for help. It's a totally non government funded 00:06:11
organization by by volunteers and volunteers do all the work including the board. The board fixes the buses the board you know 00:06:17
coordinates all of the. 00:06:24
Opinion. And that's what so. 00:06:31
For the, as you know, it's a very really. 00:06:33
Thank you SO. 00:06:40
We didn't have #2. 00:06:44
No, they were not here so. 00:06:46
All right. Well then I think we move on to ongoing business. It will when you just check those public comments, I didn't. 00:06:51
We've got some people on Zoom. Any comments? 00:06:59
Lovely. Let's go to onion business. 00:07:05
So the talent update? 00:07:09
Any action on the local. 00:07:13
First off, 2nd. 00:07:16
Involved in? 00:07:21
Yeah, unfortunately we got 0 submissions. 00:07:23
We got one but it was unusable because it was just an image taken off the Internet. But. 00:07:28
Circled back to them and explained that we couldn't use it because it's not. 00:07:36
Copyright free and they never resubmitted so. 00:07:40
Yeah, we didn't get any other submissions unfortunately. 00:07:45
OK, then we had a Plan B for this if we didn't get submissions or didn't have anything suitable, so Plan B is that we just have a 00:07:49
great. 00:07:55
And I think all of us still love graphic designers. So probably do you want to e-mail or do you want to discuss it? 00:08:02
Does anyone have a clear, like obvious person who would be good with this, or do we want to just have? 00:08:10
E-mail in suggestions and then e-mail discussion. 00:08:20
Yeah, we're doing. 00:08:27
We had also talked about using one of the Crowdsource. 00:08:30
There are websites you can throw up a dollar amount and. 00:08:36
You'll get submissions from. 00:08:40
Lots of different. 00:08:43
That was an option as. 00:08:45
I'd like to. There's also opportunity for our local audience. Bill. Oh, I'm sorry. Let's see. Go ahead. 00:08:50
Morning, everyone. I agree with with Stephanie. We've used a couple of different crowdsourcing design sites. Design crowd is one 00:09:05
of them. We've used them in the past, very, very successful. Like she said, you put up a dollar amount, you know. 00:09:15
102 hundred, 500, whatever it might be, and then you get submissions from a, you know, bunch of different people there are. 00:09:24
Submission minimum guarantees and you put up a design brief just like was created for the contest and then people will will send 00:09:35
in their submissions and then once you choose one, you can then work with the designer to dial it into exactly what you want. 00:09:44
I've always found when, at least from the an exercise standpoint, just to get some ideas generated that it is. It's a pretty 00:09:54
seamless way to be able to do it. And then everything of course, is sent electronically to you. 00:10:03
And you know, we'd be able to review it at our meetings. 00:10:12
Or even prior put out a, you know, a bit of a poll if we wanted to or a survey which one you know rank these 10 from 1 to 10 or 00:10:17
something like that. However, the the Advisory Board wants to do it. But that might be an easier way to go about things than 00:10:24
tapping one designer because you're getting. 00:10:31
A whole bunch of different ideas to come in and something that we might not have thought of within the design parameters we put 00:10:39
out there. 00:10:43
Cool. I've never done it. It sounds interesting. 00:10:47
Just the. 00:10:53
Are they from all over the country or like from theoretically anywhere? 00:10:55
They're actually from all over the world. 00:11:00
And you know it's a design crowd, which, which I've used, is an Australian company, but there are designers from. 00:11:04
The United States, Canada, you know, Eastern Europe, you know, all over the world. 00:11:11
And they're really good. They're they are very, very good designs. 00:11:18
Very high end and and you're really able to dial in the design parameters. Do you want it to be modern? Do you want it to have a 00:11:24
tagline? Do you want it font based? Do you want it, you know, graphically based? 00:11:31
There's and and then what is sent back is. 00:11:39
You know follows follows. 00:11:44
Follows what you've put out there within the within the design parameters and. There are also some safeguards if. 00:11:48
You know, if you if you don't get any designs back that you're even interested in, you don't have to you know pay as much money 00:11:58
and and and so they're kind of doing it on spec. 00:12:03
The designers are in the hopes that you'll choose them and then. 00:12:09
You know, receive the award if you will, and you could rank them. And so it's it. 00:12:13
I would recommend going that way, and I'll certainly you know, if if the board wants to go in a different direction, absolutely. 00:12:19
But I just think for this exercise we're going to want to at least start with. 00:12:25
A pretty big pool. 00:12:32
Because we do have a number of elements and things that could be brought in. 00:12:34
Umm, to what we're ultimately going to choose is the new logo. 00:12:39
Yeah, I think my only. 00:12:46
You know the pros and the cons. It sounds like there's a lot of pros. The only problem that comes to mind is that I'd like to 00:12:50
support local and I know we've tried and like no one has come forward, but. 00:12:55
I. 00:13:02
Know some really talented local artists and maybe like if I say to them. 00:13:03
Yeah, we're doing this thing. Could you want to jump on board? Do you want to submit something? Do they have to pay to get on the 00:13:08
design website? 00:13:12
You know, I'm not sure I think that. 00:13:21
You know you are. Again, I'm not sure. 00:13:26
You know, we have, we have designers we work with. 00:13:31
And. 00:13:35
We've had them design logos for our clients as well and and and that has worked again I. 00:13:37
You know, and you can certainly go that way again, whatever the the the board decides to do. 00:13:45
I'm just throwing that out there as a as an option. 00:13:51
Just because you get a lot of submissions quickly. 00:13:56
Then it sounds great. 00:14:01
There's local knowledge, so local people would like. 00:14:04
Landmarks and things like I didn't know if someone. 00:14:08
Would. 00:14:13
Get what PG is about in the same way but. 00:14:14
Yeah, I would. 00:14:19
I'm happy to try that just because. 00:14:20
Yeah, I'm serious what this is like, but the chance to. 00:14:23
You know, there's people who always say something like pivots. If you need anything, you know like instead of no one. 00:14:30
I I'd like to tell them like hey buddy, submit something to local. We could do both. 00:14:35
We could do. 00:14:42
Yeah, that's what I was going to suggest. I mean, if you know somebody that you think is really talented, I've talked to a few 00:14:44
people and they didn't submit either. So I think that we're kind of in the, we're in the bucket and we did put it out there. We 00:14:49
didn't get anybody to actually submit. So maybe we try something new just to keep the ball rolling because it is something that 00:14:54
the Advisory Board. 00:14:59
Yes, being a graphic designer and being asked to do a design is like having a truck and being asked. 00:15:05
You know, to help people move every weekend, it's it's hard. And I think in this economy too, a lot of people just don't have the 00:15:13
time to. 00:15:18
To do to do it so. 00:15:25
But I you know doing both is always an option, that's. 00:15:28
Yeah, they might say no. Anyway, so this is like our insurance policy. So that's. 00:15:32
We need to do one of the both on that or. 00:15:40
OK, so. 00:15:44
I'll make a motion that the board decides to Crowdsource. 00:15:46
Through the vendor that Steve has worked with in the past. 00:15:52
And then? 00:15:58
Of course, that would be subject to budget constraints. 00:16:00
So maybe we got all that in before we vote. So what's a good amount? 00:16:03
Steve, you want to advise us and be like? 00:16:09
405 hundred sure. So you know we have done a. 00:16:13
We have not paid in in the times we've used them. We've not paid more than $500. 00:16:20
For the finished product out the door with EPS and all of the design revisions and everything like that, the way that this 00:16:26
particular site works is, you know, you choose a budget level. 00:16:34
And. 00:16:43
At each one of those budget levels you get a minimum number of submissions and so you know, you could put something up there for 00:16:43
like 100 bucks and you're gonna get. 00:16:48
You know, 10 to 15, you know submissions at a minimum you put something up there for 250, you know it's going to be in the 35 00:16:54
range, 500, it's kind of in the 50 range, but. 00:17:00
But people, you know, this gets pushed out there. And then people are like, hey, this is something I want to respond to. And so 00:17:07
they'll put together a couple of preliminary designs. 00:17:12
And then they'll send it in. And so literally, you're going. 00:17:17
A ton of designs and some of them are just, you know, they they don't even make the initial cut. But then what you do is you sort 00:17:22
of separate the wheat from the chaff and you come up with, you know, your top 10 or 15 and then you start to work down from there 00:17:28
and you put a deadline on it. You know this is going to be out there for a month or two weeks, however quickly you know you want 00:17:34
to have this in. But again, because this is all being worked on digitally, people, you know you start to get submissions right 00:17:40
away. 00:17:46
And so, you know, within a couple of days you've got dozens of submissions already. 00:17:53
What we had originally put on, the one that we sent out before 250 was the dollar amount that you had approved and you. 00:17:59
Make that a larger number. But 250 for sure already is a report, so. 00:18:06
Whatever you'd like to do, whether you'd like to stick with the two bit theater, go higher up together. 00:18:11
And what? And. And once you put the, once you put this out there, you can always add to it as well, you know. 00:18:18
If you put it out there 2:50 and you're. 00:18:24
You know a lot of submissions, but you want to see more or you want to see you know you you pick your top three and you want to 00:18:27
have them go back and and do some more work on what they've submitted. 00:18:33
If you if you want to go that route, you can add a little bit more to the. 00:18:40
It's very, very flexible. 00:18:45
And I'm sure that's you know that Stephanie, having used this before, can also. 00:18:47
Speak to this as. 00:18:52
Do we give any kind of guidelines or direction? 00:19:01
We have something that we're aiming for. Yeah. Stephanie had written up a really great proposal. It was sort of like the 00:19:05
guidelines for the parameters, which is what Steve was talking about last year for the submission to the community. And so we 00:19:12
already have all of that. So a stranger to the area without an idea of what. 00:19:18
Yeah and and can we exercise already the departments and CSUNB? 00:19:25
And we see their approach, Yeah, that we did. And can we say? 00:19:33
Reward or. 00:19:39
Winner would get $250 or $300 or Yeah, that was 250. Yeah, that was. And there were no bikes. No bikes. Well, one. 00:19:42
1. 00:19:55
But that's too low. 00:19:56
Yeah, I wouldn't I I mean clearly 500 is sort of the the number at the high end of things. You're in the middle right now at 2:50. 00:20:00
So whatever you you need the motion would you like to. 00:20:06
Since we already have the 250 groups, I probably didn't even need anything. 00:20:15
But I would move that we raised the limit up to 500. 00:20:21
I think that's a, you know, this is a professional thing that's going to be lasting and representing. 00:20:27
The district for years and I really think we need to get some professional responses. 00:20:32
So I. 00:20:37
Before the crowdsourcing that. 00:20:40
I like that because I think we paid 200 for our logo about 12 years ago, so we would have to, you know, that was super production. 00:20:45
So, yeah, 500. 00:20:55
Oh, anyway, OK, so we have a motion. 00:20:58
Second OK, shall we? 00:21:01
I could do a chair, Jacobs. 00:21:06
Advisory Board member and Marietta Bay. Sorry, I've done this well, I forgot. 00:21:13
Myself. 00:21:21
Our Treasurer, Bosworth, we made much and obviously Bulen. 00:21:25
Sherry Sands and Stephanie Office, Aye. 00:21:34
And then can I also ask, so we approached people like. 00:21:39
Whoever does a lot of locals for restaurants and. 00:21:50
Did you approach someone called? 00:21:58
Weather. 00:22:01
We did not. Well, that's that, that's a professional firm. So you know the instruction was to put this out there as a contest. 00:22:08
And so I will tell you that. 00:22:15
You know we've worked with them in the past for some of our clients and they're great it they are not going to charge $500. You're 00:22:20
going to, you're going to be into 2500 plus for the full development of of a full, yeah. 00:22:28
Like Jerry Takakawa, maybe something for the community? Or do you want to get in touch with us and just let them know about it and 00:22:37
see if they've got some philanthropy notes? 00:22:42
What is the name of the site again? 00:22:49
It's called Design Crowd. 00:22:52
Well, that's promising a big word. 00:22:59
Trying to a smart second approach so this. 00:23:02
That's reconvenient enough and see where we're at. With that, we can be able to put it up fairly soon, Steve. 00:23:05
Absolutely. I I can, I can have it up by later this afternoon or first thing tomorrow morning. 00:23:12
Do you want? 00:23:18
You know, maybe at the, you know, after two weeks. Do you want to take a look and have? 00:23:21
Have some of the have the designs emailed out to you guys so that. 00:23:27
You can start to get an idea of where things are so that we're not taking first pass at our next meeting. 00:23:33
And maybe even at that. 00:23:41
We can kind of put together. 00:23:44
AI don't know what survey or a poll. You know, here's the ones that we like the best and then we can have that discussion at the 00:23:47
next meeting just so that we're we're moving the process forward. 00:23:53
A little quicker than going meeting to meeting. 00:23:59
Would it be possible to like set up a Google Drive with all the submissions in it that I just numbered from 1 to 50 or whatever 00:24:02
and then? 00:24:06
We can discuss it that way, because then. 00:24:12
Yes, and I think that they now have a like a light box feature, so instead of having to. 00:24:17
Pull them off of their platform and pull it into a Google Drive. What we can do is send out a link. 00:24:24
To to everybody and you guys can actually go into the. 00:24:30
And and take a look at. 00:24:34
At everything that's been. 00:24:37
And you, there's places to put comments in and you know, to put stars and thumbs up and stuff like that. So let me take a look and 00:24:39
see what the best way to to do that is. 00:24:45
And. 00:24:52
Yeah, that that'll that I think would be easier than pulling everything off into a separate drive. 00:24:54
And then having you guys get into that versus just going directly to the? 00:24:59
And utilizing their platform for comments and to review all the submissions. 00:25:04
David, would it be possible? I don't know how they set up like their files, like if you can rename files if you could just give 00:25:09
them like a number one at the beginning and the next one number two so. 00:25:14
It just would make it quicker in. 00:25:21
The validation. 00:25:23
Yeah, yeah, absolutely. Yes. Yeah. There's I I believe there's a way to do that. 00:25:25
OK, that'll be great. Super easy. 00:25:31
Yeah, and we can just check in with whatever we want to if you don't get the link. 00:25:35
Yes. 00:25:39
Dennis, any other comments or questions from people here or online? 00:25:44
Let's move on then to the next update, which is our All are welcome window clean. 00:25:53
Certainly about. 00:26:01
Let me get some if there's any action here. 00:26:04
Yes, he I believe we emailed all the designs. 00:26:08
Didn't we, Jenny? 00:26:13
Yeah, that was last month. That was the November meeting. 00:26:15
OK, so there's four or five designs. 00:26:20
That we've had a couple submitted and then I came up with a few. I did some research and I have several vendors that do the window 00:26:26
claims. 00:26:30
At A at a fairly good rate. 00:26:35
So we wouldn't cost wise they. 00:26:39
They're not as expensive as I was. 00:26:43
Initially. 00:26:46
Initially. 00:26:49
We can. 00:26:51
We can order one of them, We can order as few as 50, but it's it's rather large. It's 6 by 6 inches, which isn't terrible. 00:26:53
Umm. And it has a clear background and it's like 3875 plus shipping for 50 of them which is. 00:27:04
Which is? 00:27:11
Umm, we do have an option A4 by 4 that's got UV coating which helps protect the color so that it doesn't fade in the windows. 00:27:13
Those run about $369 for 250. 00:27:25
But I didn't know if we'd want to start with a smaller batch of something and see what the. 00:27:30
Responses How many businesses want them? 00:27:38
I didn't know how we wanted to go about that. 00:27:43
Seem to remember that we were going. 00:27:47
Discuss whether it should say. 00:27:50
Was going to grow on it or whether it's just a private thing, right. Yeah. Though for a while there this was the combination 00:27:53
between the new logo versus it just being the more welcome and I believe that your board said they prefer it to not since we 00:28:00
didn't have a new logo that it would just be the older welcome. So that's kind of where we landed and with no like specific growth 00:28:08
branch. So it's just if you're if that was something you're interested in for your business. 00:28:15
Well then, maybe we start. 00:28:22
$50 00:28:24
send or whatever. 00:28:26
And. 00:28:33
Just, you know, big members and let them know that it's that they're available and would you like. But I said it would be great, 00:28:35
you know, Yeah, I mean this would be the VIP for, yeah, a pretty minimal amount of that, so yeah. 00:28:42
And so we just have to choose a design one. 00:28:51
Yes, So what I can do, what I can do, and I apologize for that reason, is I can resend them out to everybody. Perhaps I can bundle 00:28:53
the e-mail with Steve's e-mail as well. 00:28:59
Or no, because this will be later, I'll just send it myself with all of them and then we just do a 12345. Choose the one that you 00:29:05
prefer the most, and then certainly you can do the ordering of it. 00:29:11
And for the ones that I did the design for, I can easily take Pacific Grove out of any one of them. I think all of mine have 00:29:19
Pacific Grove in it, but. 00:29:24
That's easy to do. 00:29:29
Well, I don't think there's a problem putting specific growth in. It was just the improvement. Yeah. So it's just not big. So 00:29:31
that's, yeah, that's, I mean I think it's cool to say Pacific Grove, it shows none of them say business and I don't think any of 00:29:37
mine say Business Improvement District. 00:29:42
Well, it's about. 00:29:50
All right. Well, that's really positive too. Gosh, nuclear. Yeah. We should take a formal vote on that since we're extending. 00:29:53
37mm on it. 00:30:03
OK and see if it works One second. 00:30:09
So let's have a Let's just do all those in favor, say aye. 00:30:15
All right. 00:30:22
60. 00:30:26
Any comments? 00:30:29
So. 00:30:37
We've got a calendar of events. 00:30:38
So we've got two people with Stitch and we start with Vision. Actually I was wondering, Steve, this last time when we were going 00:30:41
to do this, I didn't know if he did a PowerPoint for the the calendar. 00:30:46
Or not. 00:30:52
You know I didn't do a PowerPoint of the calendar. I I had you know sent through a few weeks ago the review of the two events. But 00:30:55
I'm prepared to to talk about the actual events, event dates themselves, if if that's OK. Sure. What I did was I what I sent you 00:31:05
Steve, which was basically the combination of the chambers, the bid is other organizations and the cities calendar. 00:31:15
Of special events. And I I said that to you a while ago, so I all I did was reprint that for us in the room so everyone could see. 00:31:25
What months tend to. 00:31:33
Much more packed with that, with the events and things. So they're they're referring right now to that list that I sent you a 00:31:34
while ago. 00:31:39
And then I just put in a bunch of question marks for the Chocolate Block for next year because I wasn't, or for this year because 00:31:44
I wasn't sure which month you wanted to place it in. Also, Please note everything below the red has to be approved by the council 00:31:51
because that's in the next fiscal year. So anything above it's already been approved, but everything below it has not yet. 00:31:58
But likely will be just because you're over here. These are the ones approved but they haven't approved quite yet so. 00:32:06
Well and and so from sorry, so from from our for our events. 00:32:16
You know, the 26th would be, excuse me, the 26th of October would be the natural time for our trick or treat event and then 00:32:23
November 30th for the holiday open house which coincides with Small Business Saturday in terms of chalk the block. 00:32:31
I would actually turn that to the Advisory Board. 00:32:42
And. 00:32:46
We still wanted to have that in in June if we wanted to back that up a little bit to, you know, to make sure that, you know, 00:32:48
people are still in town, that it's not during summer and schools still in session. 00:32:55
You know, I wanted to get your thoughts on that because that's one of those things that we have some flexibility on and and you 00:33:03
know, we're not tied to a particular date or holiday. 00:33:08
We did it in June. It was pretty late compared to what you had typically done in the past with your spring shopping event. So and 00:33:17
that was just because of logistics we were trying. It was something they owned, you know, it took a while to figure out, but it 00:33:23
could be literally March before. 00:33:30
You know you have a little May is a little insane just for the chamber. 00:33:37
But beyond that, you know all of those months are pretty wide open and you could do it and weather wise you know. 00:33:44
Typically. 00:33:51
March on, the late March on, they're going to be clear for weather, so. 00:33:54
It's whenever you think would be. 00:34:00
Oh, when is the holiday? Sorry, I didn't put the school holiday in the spring around Easter time. I'm not sure when that will be. 00:34:05
Yeah, I didn't have it ready for me. 00:34:16
Yeah, I'd have to check that. I know that the February break is the it's the third week in February I. 00:34:20
And I want to say that these that spring break is in April but I I can check that. 00:34:29
Give me a second. 00:34:39
And I can see if I can pull it up. 00:34:41
Yeah, just borrowing those two things because they tend to, you know, people or out of town and we have a lot of school age kids 00:34:43
that participated in it last year. 00:34:48
If they were, you know, it was during the school year, so that they were in town. 00:34:54
On the other. 00:35:00
Good old days I think would be, yeah. So spring spring break is April 8th through the 12th. 00:35:03
Yes. 00:35:16
Yeah. So you can either do it late April. 00:35:22
What would you rather do it after the good old days that you? 00:35:28
Well, you thought the walk of remembrance the week after good old days, which is a Saturday. 00:35:32
Mother's Day around there as well. 00:35:40
Yeah, in my head, I think in April makes sense in my brain. 00:35:43
Is there something else OK. 00:35:48
You know, it's been lots of different things. Steve is our expert on that. They did a grass dazz and grads they've done. 00:35:53
Tied to the baseball season and they've done all sorts of different things in the spring event and landed on the Chocolate block 00:36:02
something new. 00:36:06
Kind of fun, and it didn't bring a lot of people. Was there something else besides that little bit? 00:36:12
There's a DJ that comes in, but really that's it's very, very simple. Yeah, meant to be simple. 00:36:19
That doesn't take special that. 00:36:26
We actually didn't mention the shopping at all, but we should. 00:36:30
Do something about like saying I don't know what you it was just trying to. 00:36:36
Yeah, chocolate shop. Makes sense. 00:36:42
They almost run. 00:36:46
I agree that that was a piece of the advertising a little bit, that's. 00:36:49
Yes, but I think this shop owners said they had to be true. Yeah, that's it. 00:36:55
Anyway, OK, so it's basically. 00:37:01
But maybe it seems like like more of a outdoor fence for the month. You know, like when kids are going to be wanting to get out. 00:37:05
Juice. I don't know. That's fine. Do you want to pick the weekend after the Walk of Remembrance, May. That's like the third 00:37:14
weekend night, yeah. 00:37:18
See Viewer Calendar. 00:37:25
Figured out. 00:37:33
3rd May. 00:37:34
So. 00:37:38
Talking about the sorry, are we talking about the 18th? 00:37:41
The 18th, yes. 00:37:46
Saturday is the 20th. 00:37:50
18th. 00:37:53
And that's a good chunk of time before the memorial. 00:37:58
When a lot of people will be going out, so. 00:38:07
It might be perfect so and it can be finally all that time. 00:38:12
So how does the 18 look for the rest of the group? Does that sound reasonable? 00:38:19
No, let's set it May 18th it is. 00:38:30
Can I make a comment about because we have our calendar out? 00:38:35
There's a proposal to stimulate. 00:38:43
The downtown economy being worked on by the, the Economic Development Commission, which is to have a concert series and I think 00:38:47
you've been in touch with Chelsea and. 00:38:54
But like. 00:39:01
There and someone else is, but anyway. 00:39:08
They're going to have an equals like 7. 00:39:13
Something like 7-8 or nine concerts. 00:39:16
Throughout the summer in. 00:39:19
And they're asking by council, did they essential park, I thought they said. 00:39:22
OK. So it's it's a little bit of a work in progress. 00:39:27
You know, they've been getting a lot of advice from local people that are organized. 00:39:31
So. 00:39:37
It hasn't been approved by the council yet, but. 00:39:41
With that to be sort of that under this umbrella, I just know the technicalities of it, but. 00:39:45
Under the umbrella. Oh, like, no, no, no. I'm sorry. The general umbrella of events that we. 00:39:51
For the. 00:39:59
That I'll just add it to this and all the dates into it so you can see it all. OK, that's because it isn't we need to know 00:40:37
something. So that's like the design of it they're going to. 00:40:42
Available the details in their design is meant to promote local businesses, which is really cool and I have to stakeholders. 00:40:46
Yeah. 00:40:56
Start again. I'm sure you all want to read more about this thing, yeah? 00:40:58
That's all. Yeah, I know. As soon as those days get off, I'll throw it back in there. 00:41:04
What was? 00:41:11
Any comments from the public? 00:41:15
OK, that's. 00:41:19
We've got well the clinical calendar of the idea this that's that'll be just approved. Yeah. OK. The public business group, Jacobs 00:41:23
and Thomas, so. 00:41:28
For my part. 00:41:34
You know we. 00:41:37
Christmas and happy, you know it's going to complete challenging times. So I haven't done anything. But Steve can I ask you 00:41:39
because you know we were supposed to meet. I have to say we didn't. Did you do any work in the background? 00:41:46
No, to be honest I didn't do any work in the background. I I wanted to wait until we had reconvened to get some direction from the 00:41:57
bid as to. 00:42:04
How we wanted. 00:42:12
You know, sort of to administer this or or if this was going to be something that was going to be informal kind of like. 00:42:14
What? What the Chamber has created with their Business Roundtable, if that's something that we want to piggyback on to the 00:42:23
Business Roundtable to, to make things easier, I know. 00:42:28
From when? When this was a priority? A few years ago you would have a report you know, like as a for instance, at the EDC. 00:42:35
You know Jenny gives a report about what's going on at the chamber and then at the bid meeting Mike gives a report about what's 00:42:45
going on at at the EDC and it was it was kind of formulated that way and it was something that was on the agendas but that. 00:42:53
Also was made easier by the fact that most of the same people served on all of the committees. And the linchpin you know for that 00:43:03
back in the day was was Moe, who would be giving reports out because he was EDC and BID and chamber. 00:43:12
And and HID and so I don't know if you know the Business Roundtable would be a. 00:43:23
Place for for kind of that to be. 00:43:29
To be you know that information to be shared there and and I you know Jenny I'd love to get your thoughts on that or you know 00:43:33
whatever the bid is thinking I I didn't want to move forward with anything without your. 00:43:40
Approval and I know it's meeting wise, it's been a couple of months. 00:43:48
Yeah, so originally this group was informal, this was not a formal group. It was just no individuals from each one of the 00:43:52
different business groups 'cause there's so many of them just getting together, usually once a month, just share information so 00:43:58
that when they were in their respective meetings, they they themselves, the ones who came to this infill alone, could give an 00:44:04
update on all of them. 00:44:10
And that was that was the way it was done before. This is a long time ago. And it was informal. There was no, you know, just one 00:44:17
person from each one of the groups. It's similar to what I believe. 00:44:23
Captain Madeline was. 00:44:31
And that's what we've been talking about for many months now. How do we organize this? Or is it not organized and it is just a 00:45:10
formal drop in and we designate a day that's consistent like every 3rd Tuesday or whatever it is, somewhere we can do it as a 00:45:16
tourist Information Center since it's open and easy for me to open that room to everybody. We could do it that way. But again, 00:45:22
it's really up to how you what you think. 00:45:29
Makes sense and how you would like to do that communication across all groups. 00:45:35
Well, I feel like if it's a drop in, it's not going to accomplish much because I do feel that the robbers needs gender and you 00:45:42
know. 00:45:47
Following up on actions is actually like in the end. 00:45:52
Yeah, but the only thing, the only difference I think with this group in the past was that there were no actions. It was just to 00:45:57
share information on what each one was doing. There were no actions that they came out of this through. I felt that part of the 00:46:03
prompt for doing this was to have was to be able to advocate like, you know to. 00:46:10
OK. 00:46:18
I thought that there was a little bit more than sharing information. It was also. 00:46:20
So it's a it's a new form of needles, it's new. This will be scratching what was done previously. 00:46:29
That is a question rather than a statement. It should be for that. Can I find out from other business owners like would you like, 00:46:37
I think when we talked about this last summer, there was a feeling like the business community. 00:46:44
They weren't getting enough support from global governments and they felt that they needed to maybe advocate. 00:46:53
For their interests. 00:47:01
And so whether it's just like get together with anyone, act on their own or whether you get together and discuss ways in which you 00:47:03
know likely be better or you know developing our local businesses and funding whatever and then you know taking action. 00:47:12
I know it's a it's a an open question so. 00:47:22
Because just the fact that we're getting together and actually be enough to, you know, help. 00:47:30
Articulate issues and brainstorm solutions and get a coherent argument together. Like just, you know, talking things through that. 00:47:37
So maybe that's all we need, but I didn't know. But. 00:47:43
Necessarily wanted to be too long structured, that's all just because anything. 00:47:50
You know, so that we are not doubling up or duplicating or we can help. 00:47:56
We can support each other's organizations. That's what I thought this was for. I didn't think this was so much for a wedding. 00:48:05
People that come in and save my business was getting them, you know, traffic. I thought this was more. 00:48:12
That the idea is not completely seen. It's talking to whatever so that we're all not. 00:48:19
Doing the same things, right? And we can support each other, right? Exactly. They can fund. They are running with this idea and 00:48:24
we're running with this idea and we support them and they support us. I thought it was more of that kind of feel. 00:48:32
OK, well, I mean, that's we're just putting a brainstorm raise on the table, right? 00:48:40
You know, let's. 00:48:47
And this is probably going to take more time if we want to kind of I belong to the Corners Club, right? And they belong to Rotary. 00:48:50
So we are a big Internet organization, right? So our PG Corners club does. 00:48:57
The standard project right and Marina does whatever. And she said whatever. We have a district that covers from Castroville to 00:49:05
wherever once a month. 00:49:10
One representative from each club goes to the district, meeting him each other. But what our club is doing, and if you're selling 00:49:15
tickets or whatever, then you can bring that to your club and see if your club wants to support that kind of thing. I thought that 00:49:22
was kind of what we were. So that was that was part of the special, right? Yes. So that's kind of how I was looking at it because 00:49:29
we're not really. 00:49:35
Worried so much about like if people have a issue with a. 00:49:42
Organization or committee, then they're going to bring that to them. But it's really not the place of the representatives from 00:49:48
each organization to solve outside problems. It's more of an warm meeting just to say like. 00:49:55
This is, this is what our outlook is for the year and then this is what your outlook is for the year and how do we help each other 00:50:02
and make the city work exactly. 00:50:06
Just one representative from. 00:50:12
I believe it was just one. 00:50:14
Yeah, so it it kind of. 00:50:20
How this the the genesis of? 00:50:23
Happened. 00:50:26
Back in the day, because you had, it was actually as simple as making sure that. 00:50:28
All of the advertising matched up between the bid and the chamber and what the EDC was doing and the HID. So that we weren't, you 00:50:37
know, everyone wasn't. 00:50:42
Promoting lovers points in an ad or everyone wasn't promoting the butterfly sanctuary stuff like so it was. It really was as 00:50:49
simple as that. But then it was also. 00:50:54
Umm used as a, you know, as an update like like Sherry said to here's what we're doing in at the EDC and this is what's coming 00:51:00
down the line and here's what's going to be going on at the HID and here's what's going to be going on at the chamber in the bid. 00:51:08
And then it also and then it also did serve to bring up potential problems that that could be coming down and I know that the pop 00:51:15
and hiss was. 00:51:22
Kind of the genesis of bringing this back in, in this, in this current form that not a lot of people knew that this was going on 00:51:30
and it was more of a informational and should you decide to support the creation of this particular business, your voice needs to 00:51:37
be heard because. 00:51:44
They're running into these these issues and so. 00:51:51
I, you know, I think that it kind of landing in the middle there just is, you know here's here's what we're hearing, here's what 00:51:55
we have going on, let's make sure that we're just all kind of on the same page and then if there is something coming down. 00:52:02
The, you know, the Pike from the city that the EDC might be able to to share or there's a certain trend that's coming through. 00:52:11
You know the visitor serving groups like the HID, hey, we want to be aware of this. We've got a lot of people asking for X when 00:52:21
they come in to stay for us with us and so the stuff like that, so we're ahead of the curve instead of having to. 00:52:29
React. 00:52:37
So it sounds like it covers all of the above. 00:52:41
Yeah, I think the credit does. 00:52:44
I mean, I like the idea of what they're doing with all the city boards and commissions of the kind of the formalization of that 00:52:47
cooperative group, which it would just be the same thing for, for these, for the business groups. But PDC would be the only 00:52:53
overlap because they're the only city for any committee or Commission. So that that would be 1. So it would be ABC, it would be 00:52:59
this group BITHIT. 00:53:05
And the chamber? And am I leaving 1:00? 00:53:12
Before. 00:53:16
Yeah, that's cool. 00:53:19
So does that get support then? Do we want to have like a group of four people that meet and then report back to the various things 00:53:25
and say the other three business interest groups in town are doing these things? 00:53:32
Yeah, I think that's what we're supposing and then as sort of the scope of it, it is. 00:53:41
Just communicate so we're not overlapping. It's talking about any issues arising. There might be support talking about table. 00:53:49
It is looking at advertising, making sure that we're, you know, not like every ad that's coming out isn't just about one thing, 00:53:59
you know, one aspect of the town. 00:54:04
Sort of admission priorities at the moment for, right. I think it's good to know because we might all share like a downturn like 00:54:11
maybe we can all get together and you know HIV and you know. 00:54:17
So so it could be good and the same monthly is. 00:54:26
The word that's been coming up consistent I think is the main thing, whether it's quarterly, monthly. 00:54:30
Do you think quarterly would be effective? 00:54:49
Only I think the only thing you would have an issue with quarterly, sorry to speak over you Steve, would be if there were items of 00:55:00
urgency, right. And at times there are items. 00:55:05
You know, mostly I think does make the most sense. If I really wanted to be an effective working group, yeah. 00:55:12
Yeah I would, I would, I would I would say monthly I agree if there are items of of urgency and and just as a for instance. 00:55:22
You know like Mike had mentioned with what's going on with the EDC that's obviously of interest to the the bid Now we didn't have 00:55:34
a meeting in December, but. 00:55:40
You know, non holiday stuff if we know, you know. 00:55:47
If we know that that's coming up, that can be announced at the meeting and emailed out to the members. And so it's just making 00:55:52
sure that everybody is aware of what's going on 'cause not everybody is has put it into their. 00:55:58
You know their their system to check the EDC. 00:56:05
Agenda when it gets published, you know stuff like that it. I think monthly would probably be a good idea. I. 00:56:10
And again, it can be a little bit more responsive and if we're able to. 00:56:17
Take a moment to think about the timing of everything when all the meetings normally are. Then maybe that information can be. 00:56:23
Pushed out a little bit sooner. Unless it's something that is agenda specific where it's got to wait for the agenda to be 00:56:32
published before it can. 00:56:37
You know, before it can be put out there publicly. 00:56:43
And do we want to turn for these people? I mean, and can it be rotating? Can be different representatives from a group each week 00:56:48
or do you want the same one or is it a year or two years? 00:56:53
Well, if it's an informal group, maybe each? 00:57:01
Merry mission. 00:57:06
Just make sure they have a representative, because it's all about communication. 00:57:08
Yeah. And then if we're consistent with the date and time of it, everybody. 00:57:16
Might be able to have that on their calendar. 00:57:22
As just just have it on their calendars. 00:57:25
Now let's go double check with help to build relationships across all our different groups and everyone. 00:57:29
So. 00:57:35
Do we need to? 00:57:41
Technically it's not. 00:57:43
So technically we wouldn't really we just if we just say yeah, this is something we'd like to be a part of and help. 00:57:48
Make sure it happens then, yeah. And then who, Steve, are you the? 00:57:54
Are you the action man on this? Or Jenny? Are you? I mean, I can be. Perhaps I'd be that just because we don't mind being the 00:58:00
person. 00:58:06
To set the dates and on the calendar reminders and just double check make sure people are OK, we have one from each group. 00:58:12
But I I would love it if. 00:58:23
If I'm in that capacity, I would like it to be other people from those groups, you know, because I then I I'd like to be that 00:58:27
person versus the person from each one of the groups. Does that make sense? Because I'm in all of those groups. OK. So I'll be 00:58:33
administrator on administrative end of the. 00:58:39
No, it would be. It would be my 1 live. 00:58:47
Exactly. So it's decided Jenny will will report to herself about whatever everything is going on for all. 00:58:52
Yeah, I think that makes the most sense. And then I can be helpful and say, oh, don't forget we're also doing this because then 00:59:01
because like you have a wider. 00:59:05
Perspective. I just don't want to be a single person. 00:59:10
Yeah. 00:59:14
What all of the groups are doing, That's not something I'm interested in. I'd rather be supportive of what. 00:59:16
Thank you. Political format for the meeting. We'll do it like agenda and I think yeah, having a yeah, having an agenda just as far 00:59:25
as how we structure it, I can but not like formal normalized. 00:59:32
These are the things we want to make sure, and mainly it's you know, what are the topics happening in each place. Basically each 00:59:41
one of the groups would say he's looking for, working on. 00:59:46
And then where's the crossover happening more helpful to each other? 00:59:51
Sounds simple and. 00:59:56
So I have a question, but we did have another agenda item to make it. Or did we ask? We're actually past our time. So you have it. 01:00:00
OK. Yeah, I'll put it on the next one. Penessa will be less heavy because we don't have all those details. 01:00:07
So we can spend a little bit more time with that. 01:00:14
OK. Well, one second for coming online and then percent of and local 1:00 and 1:00. 01:00:19
Babysitting tomorrow evening. 01:00:27
Thank you. 01:00:34
This is finished but. 01:00:37
Link
Start video at
Social
Embed

* you need to log in to manage your favorites

My Favorites List
You haven't added any favorites yet. Click the "Add Favorite" button on any media page, and they'll show up here.
Hello. There we go. Thanks. Mike Gibson, resident City Grove. I'm a member of the Economic Development Commission here in Fiji. 00:00:00
And I was think I was here in October to. 00:00:11
And I just had a couple of things to mention. 00:00:15
That's all I get on the record here. First of all, there is apparently a new. 00:00:19
Daylighting with a little bit, we heard about this law that passed on January the 1st. 00:00:24
And it's California was. 00:00:31
Later states to adopt this but. 00:00:35
It prohibits sparkling the whole 20 feet of across the. 00:00:38
And I think it's a pretty interesting thing. You can go find just look up daylighting on on Google and it's affected January the 00:00:42
first don't know how it's going to. 00:00:47
You know apartments or anything like that. There's 20 people in the crosswalk. They must have clear. 00:00:54
So something to look up. 00:00:59
I don't usually do social media. Some of you may know that my name is featured on social media sometimes. So I go on and it was an 00:01:02
interesting thread just before Christmas. 00:01:06
On a couple of the social media sites wondering about. 00:01:11
The Christmas market that Fiji used to have, I don't know. I think I saw some reference to. 00:01:16
And some of the couple council members actually mentioned this on social media. 00:01:20
What happened in the Christmas market now, if that was under your purview or not? And I saw pictures of what PG look like with 00:01:25
Christmas 20 years ago when they were like strung all back and forth across the street. And my wife and I visited San Luis Obispo 00:01:31
on Christmas and their entire downtown was led off and it was pretty cool. 00:01:37
So I'm just just throwing that out there, didn't didn't know if you all had information. 00:01:43
I would. 00:01:49
Encourage any local businesses or people to come. There is a subcommittee talking about downtown business fatality and there are I 00:01:53
think on on this Thursday tomorrow, there's going to be a discussion of 15 or 16 different points to just improve the. 00:02:01
You know, downtown is a is a place to visit and shop. So you might. 00:02:09
And the business community might take a look at that. I would just encourage. 00:02:14
The idea and EDC work together. 00:02:19
If you're a business show up to the meeting, you know if you're interested, all of our my emails is there. You can contact me 00:02:22
anyway. That we can work together I think would be would be wonderful. 00:02:27
The last thing I would mention is, is that I was just looking at city website. Maybe I missed it, but a city passed a couple 00:02:34
websites. One is called it's just a city website. 00:02:39
And the other is pick PG. How many people have been supposed to do this but have been to the pick PG? 00:02:44
Website. 00:02:49
I go to look at it. I think it's pickpg.org I believe. 00:02:52
That's a great site for businesses that are looking to relocate here. Look at the site, Lots of raw business data. 00:02:55
Media income and we breakdown all the business districts. 00:03:03
By markets, by restaurants, by basically the industry category. 00:03:07
And it needs updating. One of the things we're going to talk about tomorrow is that the website is a little bit out of date. It 00:03:13
was popped up there during COVID and it really hasn't been updated. So it shows the aquarium is still being closed. 00:03:18
CSUMB is being closed and some of the maps don't show all of the new restaurants. 00:03:25
Down campus, so some of those seem to need to be improved. So take a look website and send any comments you've got into the EDC. 00:03:30
If you haven't seen anything there, our meetings tomorrow at 4:00 and. 00:03:35
Down. 00:03:43
So I need tired. I don't see entirely 3 minutes is probably up. So I want to wish everybody a happy new year and a prosperous 00:03:45
2024. I think it's going to be better. I was in a meeting last night. There's a homeless program called the Eye Health Program 00:03:51
that needs 2 days. 00:03:56
Saturdays at will spring church and so these are guys that have a place to sleep when we only prepare a meal, we serve at home 00:04:02
when we sit deeply. And I was asking those eighteen guys who are basically homeless, I said how you feeling about 2024? And most 00:04:08
of them said it's gotta be better than 2023. And I had so much feel the same way. 00:04:14
You know we've got jobs or we don't. We have a place to live or we don't. So thank you very much and look forward to maybe see 00:04:20
some of you see. 00:04:24
Great. Do we have? Oh, sorry. You want to take? 00:04:31
Oh. 00:04:35
I'm thinking that's online. Would you guys mind? 00:04:43
I have a question for you. 00:04:48
The first of all, comment on the. 00:04:52
Yes. So they also need to say ambulance on the 3rd Thursday, which is sponsored by FPG Rotary. And then the question part of it 00:04:57
was the subcommittee you mentioned is that. 00:05:03
Let's see. So many are in ABC something, yeah, and eight. There was a consulting firm called HDL and they asked to provide the 00:05:09
business license little TRT collection for the city Pacific Grove and one of the consultants came in and during right after COVID 00:05:15
did an analysis. 00:05:21
And produce a report. There are 15 or 16 action items on the report, one of them being the website, the other, you know, some of 00:05:27
Google's to downtown as we'll see discussion about. 00:05:32
You know, parking and carpets. It happens to be on the list of films there. 00:05:38
And I would just thank you for mentioning some old ones. These guys have a meal and a place to see 365 days a year from and 00:05:43
there's 18 or so churches that participate in this. 00:05:48
And so they have a place to live and a place to get a meal. They do need help. They are really struggling. They live ties 00:05:54
provided. 00:05:58
That was the biggest provider and after the floods just out of some ruleless they took a lot of money to support people when our 00:06:04
teams community. So they lost a significant amount of funding and they're looking for help. It's a totally non government funded 00:06:11
organization by by volunteers and volunteers do all the work including the board. The board fixes the buses the board you know 00:06:17
coordinates all of the. 00:06:24
Opinion. And that's what so. 00:06:31
For the, as you know, it's a very really. 00:06:33
Thank you SO. 00:06:40
We didn't have #2. 00:06:44
No, they were not here so. 00:06:46
All right. Well then I think we move on to ongoing business. It will when you just check those public comments, I didn't. 00:06:51
We've got some people on Zoom. Any comments? 00:06:59
Lovely. Let's go to onion business. 00:07:05
So the talent update? 00:07:09
Any action on the local. 00:07:13
First off, 2nd. 00:07:16
Involved in? 00:07:21
Yeah, unfortunately we got 0 submissions. 00:07:23
We got one but it was unusable because it was just an image taken off the Internet. But. 00:07:28
Circled back to them and explained that we couldn't use it because it's not. 00:07:36
Copyright free and they never resubmitted so. 00:07:40
Yeah, we didn't get any other submissions unfortunately. 00:07:45
OK, then we had a Plan B for this if we didn't get submissions or didn't have anything suitable, so Plan B is that we just have a 00:07:49
great. 00:07:55
And I think all of us still love graphic designers. So probably do you want to e-mail or do you want to discuss it? 00:08:02
Does anyone have a clear, like obvious person who would be good with this, or do we want to just have? 00:08:10
E-mail in suggestions and then e-mail discussion. 00:08:20
Yeah, we're doing. 00:08:27
We had also talked about using one of the Crowdsource. 00:08:30
There are websites you can throw up a dollar amount and. 00:08:36
You'll get submissions from. 00:08:40
Lots of different. 00:08:43
That was an option as. 00:08:45
I'd like to. There's also opportunity for our local audience. Bill. Oh, I'm sorry. Let's see. Go ahead. 00:08:50
Morning, everyone. I agree with with Stephanie. We've used a couple of different crowdsourcing design sites. Design crowd is one 00:09:05
of them. We've used them in the past, very, very successful. Like she said, you put up a dollar amount, you know. 00:09:15
102 hundred, 500, whatever it might be, and then you get submissions from a, you know, bunch of different people there are. 00:09:24
Submission minimum guarantees and you put up a design brief just like was created for the contest and then people will will send 00:09:35
in their submissions and then once you choose one, you can then work with the designer to dial it into exactly what you want. 00:09:44
I've always found when, at least from the an exercise standpoint, just to get some ideas generated that it is. It's a pretty 00:09:54
seamless way to be able to do it. And then everything of course, is sent electronically to you. 00:10:03
And you know, we'd be able to review it at our meetings. 00:10:12
Or even prior put out a, you know, a bit of a poll if we wanted to or a survey which one you know rank these 10 from 1 to 10 or 00:10:17
something like that. However, the the Advisory Board wants to do it. But that might be an easier way to go about things than 00:10:24
tapping one designer because you're getting. 00:10:31
A whole bunch of different ideas to come in and something that we might not have thought of within the design parameters we put 00:10:39
out there. 00:10:43
Cool. I've never done it. It sounds interesting. 00:10:47
Just the. 00:10:53
Are they from all over the country or like from theoretically anywhere? 00:10:55
They're actually from all over the world. 00:11:00
And you know it's a design crowd, which, which I've used, is an Australian company, but there are designers from. 00:11:04
The United States, Canada, you know, Eastern Europe, you know, all over the world. 00:11:11
And they're really good. They're they are very, very good designs. 00:11:18
Very high end and and you're really able to dial in the design parameters. Do you want it to be modern? Do you want it to have a 00:11:24
tagline? Do you want it font based? Do you want it, you know, graphically based? 00:11:31
There's and and then what is sent back is. 00:11:39
You know follows follows. 00:11:44
Follows what you've put out there within the within the design parameters and. There are also some safeguards if. 00:11:48
You know, if you if you don't get any designs back that you're even interested in, you don't have to you know pay as much money 00:11:58
and and and so they're kind of doing it on spec. 00:12:03
The designers are in the hopes that you'll choose them and then. 00:12:09
You know, receive the award if you will, and you could rank them. And so it's it. 00:12:13
I would recommend going that way, and I'll certainly you know, if if the board wants to go in a different direction, absolutely. 00:12:19
But I just think for this exercise we're going to want to at least start with. 00:12:25
A pretty big pool. 00:12:32
Because we do have a number of elements and things that could be brought in. 00:12:34
Umm, to what we're ultimately going to choose is the new logo. 00:12:39
Yeah, I think my only. 00:12:46
You know the pros and the cons. It sounds like there's a lot of pros. The only problem that comes to mind is that I'd like to 00:12:50
support local and I know we've tried and like no one has come forward, but. 00:12:55
I. 00:13:02
Know some really talented local artists and maybe like if I say to them. 00:13:03
Yeah, we're doing this thing. Could you want to jump on board? Do you want to submit something? Do they have to pay to get on the 00:13:08
design website? 00:13:12
You know, I'm not sure I think that. 00:13:21
You know you are. Again, I'm not sure. 00:13:26
You know, we have, we have designers we work with. 00:13:31
And. 00:13:35
We've had them design logos for our clients as well and and and that has worked again I. 00:13:37
You know, and you can certainly go that way again, whatever the the the board decides to do. 00:13:45
I'm just throwing that out there as a as an option. 00:13:51
Just because you get a lot of submissions quickly. 00:13:56
Then it sounds great. 00:14:01
There's local knowledge, so local people would like. 00:14:04
Landmarks and things like I didn't know if someone. 00:14:08
Would. 00:14:13
Get what PG is about in the same way but. 00:14:14
Yeah, I would. 00:14:19
I'm happy to try that just because. 00:14:20
Yeah, I'm serious what this is like, but the chance to. 00:14:23
You know, there's people who always say something like pivots. If you need anything, you know like instead of no one. 00:14:30
I I'd like to tell them like hey buddy, submit something to local. We could do both. 00:14:35
We could do. 00:14:42
Yeah, that's what I was going to suggest. I mean, if you know somebody that you think is really talented, I've talked to a few 00:14:44
people and they didn't submit either. So I think that we're kind of in the, we're in the bucket and we did put it out there. We 00:14:49
didn't get anybody to actually submit. So maybe we try something new just to keep the ball rolling because it is something that 00:14:54
the Advisory Board. 00:14:59
Yes, being a graphic designer and being asked to do a design is like having a truck and being asked. 00:15:05
You know, to help people move every weekend, it's it's hard. And I think in this economy too, a lot of people just don't have the 00:15:13
time to. 00:15:18
To do to do it so. 00:15:25
But I you know doing both is always an option, that's. 00:15:28
Yeah, they might say no. Anyway, so this is like our insurance policy. So that's. 00:15:32
We need to do one of the both on that or. 00:15:40
OK, so. 00:15:44
I'll make a motion that the board decides to Crowdsource. 00:15:46
Through the vendor that Steve has worked with in the past. 00:15:52
And then? 00:15:58
Of course, that would be subject to budget constraints. 00:16:00
So maybe we got all that in before we vote. So what's a good amount? 00:16:03
Steve, you want to advise us and be like? 00:16:09
405 hundred sure. So you know we have done a. 00:16:13
We have not paid in in the times we've used them. We've not paid more than $500. 00:16:20
For the finished product out the door with EPS and all of the design revisions and everything like that, the way that this 00:16:26
particular site works is, you know, you choose a budget level. 00:16:34
And. 00:16:43
At each one of those budget levels you get a minimum number of submissions and so you know, you could put something up there for 00:16:43
like 100 bucks and you're gonna get. 00:16:48
You know, 10 to 15, you know submissions at a minimum you put something up there for 250, you know it's going to be in the 35 00:16:54
range, 500, it's kind of in the 50 range, but. 00:17:00
But people, you know, this gets pushed out there. And then people are like, hey, this is something I want to respond to. And so 00:17:07
they'll put together a couple of preliminary designs. 00:17:12
And then they'll send it in. And so literally, you're going. 00:17:17
A ton of designs and some of them are just, you know, they they don't even make the initial cut. But then what you do is you sort 00:17:22
of separate the wheat from the chaff and you come up with, you know, your top 10 or 15 and then you start to work down from there 00:17:28
and you put a deadline on it. You know this is going to be out there for a month or two weeks, however quickly you know you want 00:17:34
to have this in. But again, because this is all being worked on digitally, people, you know you start to get submissions right 00:17:40
away. 00:17:46
And so, you know, within a couple of days you've got dozens of submissions already. 00:17:53
What we had originally put on, the one that we sent out before 250 was the dollar amount that you had approved and you. 00:17:59
Make that a larger number. But 250 for sure already is a report, so. 00:18:06
Whatever you'd like to do, whether you'd like to stick with the two bit theater, go higher up together. 00:18:11
And what? And. And once you put the, once you put this out there, you can always add to it as well, you know. 00:18:18
If you put it out there 2:50 and you're. 00:18:24
You know a lot of submissions, but you want to see more or you want to see you know you you pick your top three and you want to 00:18:27
have them go back and and do some more work on what they've submitted. 00:18:33
If you if you want to go that route, you can add a little bit more to the. 00:18:40
It's very, very flexible. 00:18:45
And I'm sure that's you know that Stephanie, having used this before, can also. 00:18:47
Speak to this as. 00:18:52
Do we give any kind of guidelines or direction? 00:19:01
We have something that we're aiming for. Yeah. Stephanie had written up a really great proposal. It was sort of like the 00:19:05
guidelines for the parameters, which is what Steve was talking about last year for the submission to the community. And so we 00:19:12
already have all of that. So a stranger to the area without an idea of what. 00:19:18
Yeah and and can we exercise already the departments and CSUNB? 00:19:25
And we see their approach, Yeah, that we did. And can we say? 00:19:33
Reward or. 00:19:39
Winner would get $250 or $300 or Yeah, that was 250. Yeah, that was. And there were no bikes. No bikes. Well, one. 00:19:42
1. 00:19:55
But that's too low. 00:19:56
Yeah, I wouldn't I I mean clearly 500 is sort of the the number at the high end of things. You're in the middle right now at 2:50. 00:20:00
So whatever you you need the motion would you like to. 00:20:06
Since we already have the 250 groups, I probably didn't even need anything. 00:20:15
But I would move that we raised the limit up to 500. 00:20:21
I think that's a, you know, this is a professional thing that's going to be lasting and representing. 00:20:27
The district for years and I really think we need to get some professional responses. 00:20:32
So I. 00:20:37
Before the crowdsourcing that. 00:20:40
I like that because I think we paid 200 for our logo about 12 years ago, so we would have to, you know, that was super production. 00:20:45
So, yeah, 500. 00:20:55
Oh, anyway, OK, so we have a motion. 00:20:58
Second OK, shall we? 00:21:01
I could do a chair, Jacobs. 00:21:06
Advisory Board member and Marietta Bay. Sorry, I've done this well, I forgot. 00:21:13
Myself. 00:21:21
Our Treasurer, Bosworth, we made much and obviously Bulen. 00:21:25
Sherry Sands and Stephanie Office, Aye. 00:21:34
And then can I also ask, so we approached people like. 00:21:39
Whoever does a lot of locals for restaurants and. 00:21:50
Did you approach someone called? 00:21:58
Weather. 00:22:01
We did not. Well, that's that, that's a professional firm. So you know the instruction was to put this out there as a contest. 00:22:08
And so I will tell you that. 00:22:15
You know we've worked with them in the past for some of our clients and they're great it they are not going to charge $500. You're 00:22:20
going to, you're going to be into 2500 plus for the full development of of a full, yeah. 00:22:28
Like Jerry Takakawa, maybe something for the community? Or do you want to get in touch with us and just let them know about it and 00:22:37
see if they've got some philanthropy notes? 00:22:42
What is the name of the site again? 00:22:49
It's called Design Crowd. 00:22:52
Well, that's promising a big word. 00:22:59
Trying to a smart second approach so this. 00:23:02
That's reconvenient enough and see where we're at. With that, we can be able to put it up fairly soon, Steve. 00:23:05
Absolutely. I I can, I can have it up by later this afternoon or first thing tomorrow morning. 00:23:12
Do you want? 00:23:18
You know, maybe at the, you know, after two weeks. Do you want to take a look and have? 00:23:21
Have some of the have the designs emailed out to you guys so that. 00:23:27
You can start to get an idea of where things are so that we're not taking first pass at our next meeting. 00:23:33
And maybe even at that. 00:23:41
We can kind of put together. 00:23:44
AI don't know what survey or a poll. You know, here's the ones that we like the best and then we can have that discussion at the 00:23:47
next meeting just so that we're we're moving the process forward. 00:23:53
A little quicker than going meeting to meeting. 00:23:59
Would it be possible to like set up a Google Drive with all the submissions in it that I just numbered from 1 to 50 or whatever 00:24:02
and then? 00:24:06
We can discuss it that way, because then. 00:24:12
Yes, and I think that they now have a like a light box feature, so instead of having to. 00:24:17
Pull them off of their platform and pull it into a Google Drive. What we can do is send out a link. 00:24:24
To to everybody and you guys can actually go into the. 00:24:30
And and take a look at. 00:24:34
At everything that's been. 00:24:37
And you, there's places to put comments in and you know, to put stars and thumbs up and stuff like that. So let me take a look and 00:24:39
see what the best way to to do that is. 00:24:45
And. 00:24:52
Yeah, that that'll that I think would be easier than pulling everything off into a separate drive. 00:24:54
And then having you guys get into that versus just going directly to the? 00:24:59
And utilizing their platform for comments and to review all the submissions. 00:25:04
David, would it be possible? I don't know how they set up like their files, like if you can rename files if you could just give 00:25:09
them like a number one at the beginning and the next one number two so. 00:25:14
It just would make it quicker in. 00:25:21
The validation. 00:25:23
Yeah, yeah, absolutely. Yes. Yeah. There's I I believe there's a way to do that. 00:25:25
OK, that'll be great. Super easy. 00:25:31
Yeah, and we can just check in with whatever we want to if you don't get the link. 00:25:35
Yes. 00:25:39
Dennis, any other comments or questions from people here or online? 00:25:44
Let's move on then to the next update, which is our All are welcome window clean. 00:25:53
Certainly about. 00:26:01
Let me get some if there's any action here. 00:26:04
Yes, he I believe we emailed all the designs. 00:26:08
Didn't we, Jenny? 00:26:13
Yeah, that was last month. That was the November meeting. 00:26:15
OK, so there's four or five designs. 00:26:20
That we've had a couple submitted and then I came up with a few. I did some research and I have several vendors that do the window 00:26:26
claims. 00:26:30
At A at a fairly good rate. 00:26:35
So we wouldn't cost wise they. 00:26:39
They're not as expensive as I was. 00:26:43
Initially. 00:26:46
Initially. 00:26:49
We can. 00:26:51
We can order one of them, We can order as few as 50, but it's it's rather large. It's 6 by 6 inches, which isn't terrible. 00:26:53
Umm. And it has a clear background and it's like 3875 plus shipping for 50 of them which is. 00:27:04
Which is? 00:27:11
Umm, we do have an option A4 by 4 that's got UV coating which helps protect the color so that it doesn't fade in the windows. 00:27:13
Those run about $369 for 250. 00:27:25
But I didn't know if we'd want to start with a smaller batch of something and see what the. 00:27:30
Responses How many businesses want them? 00:27:38
I didn't know how we wanted to go about that. 00:27:43
Seem to remember that we were going. 00:27:47
Discuss whether it should say. 00:27:50
Was going to grow on it or whether it's just a private thing, right. Yeah. Though for a while there this was the combination 00:27:53
between the new logo versus it just being the more welcome and I believe that your board said they prefer it to not since we 00:28:00
didn't have a new logo that it would just be the older welcome. So that's kind of where we landed and with no like specific growth 00:28:08
branch. So it's just if you're if that was something you're interested in for your business. 00:28:15
Well then, maybe we start. 00:28:22
$50 00:28:24
send or whatever. 00:28:26
And. 00:28:33
Just, you know, big members and let them know that it's that they're available and would you like. But I said it would be great, 00:28:35
you know, Yeah, I mean this would be the VIP for, yeah, a pretty minimal amount of that, so yeah. 00:28:42
And so we just have to choose a design one. 00:28:51
Yes, So what I can do, what I can do, and I apologize for that reason, is I can resend them out to everybody. Perhaps I can bundle 00:28:53
the e-mail with Steve's e-mail as well. 00:28:59
Or no, because this will be later, I'll just send it myself with all of them and then we just do a 12345. Choose the one that you 00:29:05
prefer the most, and then certainly you can do the ordering of it. 00:29:11
And for the ones that I did the design for, I can easily take Pacific Grove out of any one of them. I think all of mine have 00:29:19
Pacific Grove in it, but. 00:29:24
That's easy to do. 00:29:29
Well, I don't think there's a problem putting specific growth in. It was just the improvement. Yeah. So it's just not big. So 00:29:31
that's, yeah, that's, I mean I think it's cool to say Pacific Grove, it shows none of them say business and I don't think any of 00:29:37
mine say Business Improvement District. 00:29:42
Well, it's about. 00:29:50
All right. Well, that's really positive too. Gosh, nuclear. Yeah. We should take a formal vote on that since we're extending. 00:29:53
37mm on it. 00:30:03
OK and see if it works One second. 00:30:09
So let's have a Let's just do all those in favor, say aye. 00:30:15
All right. 00:30:22
60. 00:30:26
Any comments? 00:30:29
So. 00:30:37
We've got a calendar of events. 00:30:38
So we've got two people with Stitch and we start with Vision. Actually I was wondering, Steve, this last time when we were going 00:30:41
to do this, I didn't know if he did a PowerPoint for the the calendar. 00:30:46
Or not. 00:30:52
You know I didn't do a PowerPoint of the calendar. I I had you know sent through a few weeks ago the review of the two events. But 00:30:55
I'm prepared to to talk about the actual events, event dates themselves, if if that's OK. Sure. What I did was I what I sent you 00:31:05
Steve, which was basically the combination of the chambers, the bid is other organizations and the cities calendar. 00:31:15
Of special events. And I I said that to you a while ago, so I all I did was reprint that for us in the room so everyone could see. 00:31:25
What months tend to. 00:31:33
Much more packed with that, with the events and things. So they're they're referring right now to that list that I sent you a 00:31:34
while ago. 00:31:39
And then I just put in a bunch of question marks for the Chocolate Block for next year because I wasn't, or for this year because 00:31:44
I wasn't sure which month you wanted to place it in. Also, Please note everything below the red has to be approved by the council 00:31:51
because that's in the next fiscal year. So anything above it's already been approved, but everything below it has not yet. 00:31:58
But likely will be just because you're over here. These are the ones approved but they haven't approved quite yet so. 00:32:06
Well and and so from sorry, so from from our for our events. 00:32:16
You know, the 26th would be, excuse me, the 26th of October would be the natural time for our trick or treat event and then 00:32:23
November 30th for the holiday open house which coincides with Small Business Saturday in terms of chalk the block. 00:32:31
I would actually turn that to the Advisory Board. 00:32:42
And. 00:32:46
We still wanted to have that in in June if we wanted to back that up a little bit to, you know, to make sure that, you know, 00:32:48
people are still in town, that it's not during summer and schools still in session. 00:32:55
You know, I wanted to get your thoughts on that because that's one of those things that we have some flexibility on and and you 00:33:03
know, we're not tied to a particular date or holiday. 00:33:08
We did it in June. It was pretty late compared to what you had typically done in the past with your spring shopping event. So and 00:33:17
that was just because of logistics we were trying. It was something they owned, you know, it took a while to figure out, but it 00:33:23
could be literally March before. 00:33:30
You know you have a little May is a little insane just for the chamber. 00:33:37
But beyond that, you know all of those months are pretty wide open and you could do it and weather wise you know. 00:33:44
Typically. 00:33:51
March on, the late March on, they're going to be clear for weather, so. 00:33:54
It's whenever you think would be. 00:34:00
Oh, when is the holiday? Sorry, I didn't put the school holiday in the spring around Easter time. I'm not sure when that will be. 00:34:05
Yeah, I didn't have it ready for me. 00:34:16
Yeah, I'd have to check that. I know that the February break is the it's the third week in February I. 00:34:20
And I want to say that these that spring break is in April but I I can check that. 00:34:29
Give me a second. 00:34:39
And I can see if I can pull it up. 00:34:41
Yeah, just borrowing those two things because they tend to, you know, people or out of town and we have a lot of school age kids 00:34:43
that participated in it last year. 00:34:48
If they were, you know, it was during the school year, so that they were in town. 00:34:54
On the other. 00:35:00
Good old days I think would be, yeah. So spring spring break is April 8th through the 12th. 00:35:03
Yes. 00:35:16
Yeah. So you can either do it late April. 00:35:22
What would you rather do it after the good old days that you? 00:35:28
Well, you thought the walk of remembrance the week after good old days, which is a Saturday. 00:35:32
Mother's Day around there as well. 00:35:40
Yeah, in my head, I think in April makes sense in my brain. 00:35:43
Is there something else OK. 00:35:48
You know, it's been lots of different things. Steve is our expert on that. They did a grass dazz and grads they've done. 00:35:53
Tied to the baseball season and they've done all sorts of different things in the spring event and landed on the Chocolate block 00:36:02
something new. 00:36:06
Kind of fun, and it didn't bring a lot of people. Was there something else besides that little bit? 00:36:12
There's a DJ that comes in, but really that's it's very, very simple. Yeah, meant to be simple. 00:36:19
That doesn't take special that. 00:36:26
We actually didn't mention the shopping at all, but we should. 00:36:30
Do something about like saying I don't know what you it was just trying to. 00:36:36
Yeah, chocolate shop. Makes sense. 00:36:42
They almost run. 00:36:46
I agree that that was a piece of the advertising a little bit, that's. 00:36:49
Yes, but I think this shop owners said they had to be true. Yeah, that's it. 00:36:55
Anyway, OK, so it's basically. 00:37:01
But maybe it seems like like more of a outdoor fence for the month. You know, like when kids are going to be wanting to get out. 00:37:05
Juice. I don't know. That's fine. Do you want to pick the weekend after the Walk of Remembrance, May. That's like the third 00:37:14
weekend night, yeah. 00:37:18
See Viewer Calendar. 00:37:25
Figured out. 00:37:33
3rd May. 00:37:34
So. 00:37:38
Talking about the sorry, are we talking about the 18th? 00:37:41
The 18th, yes. 00:37:46
Saturday is the 20th. 00:37:50
18th. 00:37:53
And that's a good chunk of time before the memorial. 00:37:58
When a lot of people will be going out, so. 00:38:07
It might be perfect so and it can be finally all that time. 00:38:12
So how does the 18 look for the rest of the group? Does that sound reasonable? 00:38:19
No, let's set it May 18th it is. 00:38:30
Can I make a comment about because we have our calendar out? 00:38:35
There's a proposal to stimulate. 00:38:43
The downtown economy being worked on by the, the Economic Development Commission, which is to have a concert series and I think 00:38:47
you've been in touch with Chelsea and. 00:38:54
But like. 00:39:01
There and someone else is, but anyway. 00:39:08
They're going to have an equals like 7. 00:39:13
Something like 7-8 or nine concerts. 00:39:16
Throughout the summer in. 00:39:19
And they're asking by council, did they essential park, I thought they said. 00:39:22
OK. So it's it's a little bit of a work in progress. 00:39:27
You know, they've been getting a lot of advice from local people that are organized. 00:39:31
So. 00:39:37
It hasn't been approved by the council yet, but. 00:39:41
With that to be sort of that under this umbrella, I just know the technicalities of it, but. 00:39:45
Under the umbrella. Oh, like, no, no, no. I'm sorry. The general umbrella of events that we. 00:39:51
For the. 00:39:59
That I'll just add it to this and all the dates into it so you can see it all. OK, that's because it isn't we need to know 00:40:37
something. So that's like the design of it they're going to. 00:40:42
Available the details in their design is meant to promote local businesses, which is really cool and I have to stakeholders. 00:40:46
Yeah. 00:40:56
Start again. I'm sure you all want to read more about this thing, yeah? 00:40:58
That's all. Yeah, I know. As soon as those days get off, I'll throw it back in there. 00:41:04
What was? 00:41:11
Any comments from the public? 00:41:15
OK, that's. 00:41:19
We've got well the clinical calendar of the idea this that's that'll be just approved. Yeah. OK. The public business group, Jacobs 00:41:23
and Thomas, so. 00:41:28
For my part. 00:41:34
You know we. 00:41:37
Christmas and happy, you know it's going to complete challenging times. So I haven't done anything. But Steve can I ask you 00:41:39
because you know we were supposed to meet. I have to say we didn't. Did you do any work in the background? 00:41:46
No, to be honest I didn't do any work in the background. I I wanted to wait until we had reconvened to get some direction from the 00:41:57
bid as to. 00:42:04
How we wanted. 00:42:12
You know, sort of to administer this or or if this was going to be something that was going to be informal kind of like. 00:42:14
What? What the Chamber has created with their Business Roundtable, if that's something that we want to piggyback on to the 00:42:23
Business Roundtable to, to make things easier, I know. 00:42:28
From when? When this was a priority? A few years ago you would have a report you know, like as a for instance, at the EDC. 00:42:35
You know Jenny gives a report about what's going on at the chamber and then at the bid meeting Mike gives a report about what's 00:42:45
going on at at the EDC and it was it was kind of formulated that way and it was something that was on the agendas but that. 00:42:53
Also was made easier by the fact that most of the same people served on all of the committees. And the linchpin you know for that 00:43:03
back in the day was was Moe, who would be giving reports out because he was EDC and BID and chamber. 00:43:12
And and HID and so I don't know if you know the Business Roundtable would be a. 00:43:23
Place for for kind of that to be. 00:43:29
To be you know that information to be shared there and and I you know Jenny I'd love to get your thoughts on that or you know 00:43:33
whatever the bid is thinking I I didn't want to move forward with anything without your. 00:43:40
Approval and I know it's meeting wise, it's been a couple of months. 00:43:48
Yeah, so originally this group was informal, this was not a formal group. It was just no individuals from each one of the 00:43:52
different business groups 'cause there's so many of them just getting together, usually once a month, just share information so 00:43:58
that when they were in their respective meetings, they they themselves, the ones who came to this infill alone, could give an 00:44:04
update on all of them. 00:44:10
And that was that was the way it was done before. This is a long time ago. And it was informal. There was no, you know, just one 00:44:17
person from each one of the groups. It's similar to what I believe. 00:44:23
Captain Madeline was. 00:44:31
And that's what we've been talking about for many months now. How do we organize this? Or is it not organized and it is just a 00:45:10
formal drop in and we designate a day that's consistent like every 3rd Tuesday or whatever it is, somewhere we can do it as a 00:45:16
tourist Information Center since it's open and easy for me to open that room to everybody. We could do it that way. But again, 00:45:22
it's really up to how you what you think. 00:45:29
Makes sense and how you would like to do that communication across all groups. 00:45:35
Well, I feel like if it's a drop in, it's not going to accomplish much because I do feel that the robbers needs gender and you 00:45:42
know. 00:45:47
Following up on actions is actually like in the end. 00:45:52
Yeah, but the only thing, the only difference I think with this group in the past was that there were no actions. It was just to 00:45:57
share information on what each one was doing. There were no actions that they came out of this through. I felt that part of the 00:46:03
prompt for doing this was to have was to be able to advocate like, you know to. 00:46:10
OK. 00:46:18
I thought that there was a little bit more than sharing information. It was also. 00:46:20
So it's a it's a new form of needles, it's new. This will be scratching what was done previously. 00:46:29
That is a question rather than a statement. It should be for that. Can I find out from other business owners like would you like, 00:46:37
I think when we talked about this last summer, there was a feeling like the business community. 00:46:44
They weren't getting enough support from global governments and they felt that they needed to maybe advocate. 00:46:53
For their interests. 00:47:01
And so whether it's just like get together with anyone, act on their own or whether you get together and discuss ways in which you 00:47:03
know likely be better or you know developing our local businesses and funding whatever and then you know taking action. 00:47:12
I know it's a it's a an open question so. 00:47:22
Because just the fact that we're getting together and actually be enough to, you know, help. 00:47:30
Articulate issues and brainstorm solutions and get a coherent argument together. Like just, you know, talking things through that. 00:47:37
So maybe that's all we need, but I didn't know. But. 00:47:43
Necessarily wanted to be too long structured, that's all just because anything. 00:47:50
You know, so that we are not doubling up or duplicating or we can help. 00:47:56
We can support each other's organizations. That's what I thought this was for. I didn't think this was so much for a wedding. 00:48:05
People that come in and save my business was getting them, you know, traffic. I thought this was more. 00:48:12
That the idea is not completely seen. It's talking to whatever so that we're all not. 00:48:19
Doing the same things, right? And we can support each other, right? Exactly. They can fund. They are running with this idea and 00:48:24
we're running with this idea and we support them and they support us. I thought it was more of that kind of feel. 00:48:32
OK, well, I mean, that's we're just putting a brainstorm raise on the table, right? 00:48:40
You know, let's. 00:48:47
And this is probably going to take more time if we want to kind of I belong to the Corners Club, right? And they belong to Rotary. 00:48:50
So we are a big Internet organization, right? So our PG Corners club does. 00:48:57
The standard project right and Marina does whatever. And she said whatever. We have a district that covers from Castroville to 00:49:05
wherever once a month. 00:49:10
One representative from each club goes to the district, meeting him each other. But what our club is doing, and if you're selling 00:49:15
tickets or whatever, then you can bring that to your club and see if your club wants to support that kind of thing. I thought that 00:49:22
was kind of what we were. So that was that was part of the special, right? Yes. So that's kind of how I was looking at it because 00:49:29
we're not really. 00:49:35
Worried so much about like if people have a issue with a. 00:49:42
Organization or committee, then they're going to bring that to them. But it's really not the place of the representatives from 00:49:48
each organization to solve outside problems. It's more of an warm meeting just to say like. 00:49:55
This is, this is what our outlook is for the year and then this is what your outlook is for the year and how do we help each other 00:50:02
and make the city work exactly. 00:50:06
Just one representative from. 00:50:12
I believe it was just one. 00:50:14
Yeah, so it it kind of. 00:50:20
How this the the genesis of? 00:50:23
Happened. 00:50:26
Back in the day, because you had, it was actually as simple as making sure that. 00:50:28
All of the advertising matched up between the bid and the chamber and what the EDC was doing and the HID. So that we weren't, you 00:50:37
know, everyone wasn't. 00:50:42
Promoting lovers points in an ad or everyone wasn't promoting the butterfly sanctuary stuff like so it was. It really was as 00:50:49
simple as that. But then it was also. 00:50:54
Umm used as a, you know, as an update like like Sherry said to here's what we're doing in at the EDC and this is what's coming 00:51:00
down the line and here's what's going to be going on at the HID and here's what's going to be going on at the chamber in the bid. 00:51:08
And then it also and then it also did serve to bring up potential problems that that could be coming down and I know that the pop 00:51:15
and hiss was. 00:51:22
Kind of the genesis of bringing this back in, in this, in this current form that not a lot of people knew that this was going on 00:51:30
and it was more of a informational and should you decide to support the creation of this particular business, your voice needs to 00:51:37
be heard because. 00:51:44
They're running into these these issues and so. 00:51:51
I, you know, I think that it kind of landing in the middle there just is, you know here's here's what we're hearing, here's what 00:51:55
we have going on, let's make sure that we're just all kind of on the same page and then if there is something coming down. 00:52:02
The, you know, the Pike from the city that the EDC might be able to to share or there's a certain trend that's coming through. 00:52:11
You know the visitor serving groups like the HID, hey, we want to be aware of this. We've got a lot of people asking for X when 00:52:21
they come in to stay for us with us and so the stuff like that, so we're ahead of the curve instead of having to. 00:52:29
React. 00:52:37
So it sounds like it covers all of the above. 00:52:41
Yeah, I think the credit does. 00:52:44
I mean, I like the idea of what they're doing with all the city boards and commissions of the kind of the formalization of that 00:52:47
cooperative group, which it would just be the same thing for, for these, for the business groups. But PDC would be the only 00:52:53
overlap because they're the only city for any committee or Commission. So that that would be 1. So it would be ABC, it would be 00:52:59
this group BITHIT. 00:53:05
And the chamber? And am I leaving 1:00? 00:53:12
Before. 00:53:16
Yeah, that's cool. 00:53:19
So does that get support then? Do we want to have like a group of four people that meet and then report back to the various things 00:53:25
and say the other three business interest groups in town are doing these things? 00:53:32
Yeah, I think that's what we're supposing and then as sort of the scope of it, it is. 00:53:41
Just communicate so we're not overlapping. It's talking about any issues arising. There might be support talking about table. 00:53:49
It is looking at advertising, making sure that we're, you know, not like every ad that's coming out isn't just about one thing, 00:53:59
you know, one aspect of the town. 00:54:04
Sort of admission priorities at the moment for, right. I think it's good to know because we might all share like a downturn like 00:54:11
maybe we can all get together and you know HIV and you know. 00:54:17
So so it could be good and the same monthly is. 00:54:26
The word that's been coming up consistent I think is the main thing, whether it's quarterly, monthly. 00:54:30
Do you think quarterly would be effective? 00:54:49
Only I think the only thing you would have an issue with quarterly, sorry to speak over you Steve, would be if there were items of 00:55:00
urgency, right. And at times there are items. 00:55:05
You know, mostly I think does make the most sense. If I really wanted to be an effective working group, yeah. 00:55:12
Yeah I would, I would, I would I would say monthly I agree if there are items of of urgency and and just as a for instance. 00:55:22
You know like Mike had mentioned with what's going on with the EDC that's obviously of interest to the the bid Now we didn't have 00:55:34
a meeting in December, but. 00:55:40
You know, non holiday stuff if we know, you know. 00:55:47
If we know that that's coming up, that can be announced at the meeting and emailed out to the members. And so it's just making 00:55:52
sure that everybody is aware of what's going on 'cause not everybody is has put it into their. 00:55:58
You know their their system to check the EDC. 00:56:05
Agenda when it gets published, you know stuff like that it. I think monthly would probably be a good idea. I. 00:56:10
And again, it can be a little bit more responsive and if we're able to. 00:56:17
Take a moment to think about the timing of everything when all the meetings normally are. Then maybe that information can be. 00:56:23
Pushed out a little bit sooner. Unless it's something that is agenda specific where it's got to wait for the agenda to be 00:56:32
published before it can. 00:56:37
You know, before it can be put out there publicly. 00:56:43
And do we want to turn for these people? I mean, and can it be rotating? Can be different representatives from a group each week 00:56:48
or do you want the same one or is it a year or two years? 00:56:53
Well, if it's an informal group, maybe each? 00:57:01
Merry mission. 00:57:06
Just make sure they have a representative, because it's all about communication. 00:57:08
Yeah. And then if we're consistent with the date and time of it, everybody. 00:57:16
Might be able to have that on their calendar. 00:57:22
As just just have it on their calendars. 00:57:25
Now let's go double check with help to build relationships across all our different groups and everyone. 00:57:29
So. 00:57:35
Do we need to? 00:57:41
Technically it's not. 00:57:43
So technically we wouldn't really we just if we just say yeah, this is something we'd like to be a part of and help. 00:57:48
Make sure it happens then, yeah. And then who, Steve, are you the? 00:57:54
Are you the action man on this? Or Jenny? Are you? I mean, I can be. Perhaps I'd be that just because we don't mind being the 00:58:00
person. 00:58:06
To set the dates and on the calendar reminders and just double check make sure people are OK, we have one from each group. 00:58:12
But I I would love it if. 00:58:23
If I'm in that capacity, I would like it to be other people from those groups, you know, because I then I I'd like to be that 00:58:27
person versus the person from each one of the groups. Does that make sense? Because I'm in all of those groups. OK. So I'll be 00:58:33
administrator on administrative end of the. 00:58:39
No, it would be. It would be my 1 live. 00:58:47
Exactly. So it's decided Jenny will will report to herself about whatever everything is going on for all. 00:58:52
Yeah, I think that makes the most sense. And then I can be helpful and say, oh, don't forget we're also doing this because then 00:59:01
because like you have a wider. 00:59:05
Perspective. I just don't want to be a single person. 00:59:10
Yeah. 00:59:14
What all of the groups are doing, That's not something I'm interested in. I'd rather be supportive of what. 00:59:16
Thank you. Political format for the meeting. We'll do it like agenda and I think yeah, having a yeah, having an agenda just as far 00:59:25
as how we structure it, I can but not like formal normalized. 00:59:32
These are the things we want to make sure, and mainly it's you know, what are the topics happening in each place. Basically each 00:59:41
one of the groups would say he's looking for, working on. 00:59:46
And then where's the crossover happening more helpful to each other? 00:59:51
Sounds simple and. 00:59:56
So I have a question, but we did have another agenda item to make it. Or did we ask? We're actually past our time. So you have it. 01:00:00
OK. Yeah, I'll put it on the next one. Penessa will be less heavy because we don't have all those details. 01:00:07
So we can spend a little bit more time with that. 01:00:14
OK. Well, one second for coming online and then percent of and local 1:00 and 1:00. 01:00:19
Babysitting tomorrow evening. 01:00:27
Thank you. 01:00:34
This is finished but. 01:00:37
scroll up