No Bookmarks Exist.
All right. Welcome to the bid meeting from last week. That's the move to this week. Thank you everyone for coming. So grateful to 00:00:01
have a quorum. Thank you everyone. Please make a special effort. I just want to say, I want to ask that we prioritize point #3 and 00:00:09
the other business we might get to, which we might not so. 00:00:17
That's called to order and open general public comments. 00:00:27
I was just going to ask the bid to request the city when we have the good old days to remove the signs at night because we have 00:00:37
guests turning around and cancel the reservation because they said the signs all set, the roads were closed and they didn't feel 00:00:46
they could go around. Even though it runs, the signs are left up along the world and on Motor St. and they said run close ahead. 00:00:55
And a lot of our paper inches won't belong to go around. 00:01:05
I left actually 11:00 night. They were still out on Sunday, on Saturday, Saturday. OK, I'll talk public works if they were 00:01:10
supposed to open up those roads. So I'll let now. Yeah, I'll check on that. 00:01:17
Council member Colletti has a question. 00:01:28
Yeah, Councilmember Colletti. 00:01:31
Yeah, as part of calling the meeting to order perhaps A roll call vote. Thank you. 00:01:35
OK, so. 00:01:45
Let's OK. So I don't normally do the Oklahoma, but OK yeah, I think yes. 00:01:48
If you'd like to just call the names of who who's OK, yeah. 00:01:57
Stephanie. 00:02:04
Here Arietta. 00:02:07
Sherry. 00:02:15
Liz here, Jason. 00:02:19
Kim. 00:02:27
And Matt Bosworth. 00:02:32
He's here, OK? 00:02:38
OK. So, OK, thank you. 00:02:39
So, any other general public comments? 00:02:46
Seeing none, we can move on to agenda item 3, which is ongoing business which is the bid Advisory Board member renewals and 00:02:54
replacement. So we discussed this previous meeting and. 00:03:02
We. 00:03:11
Have got Matt is retiring, so Alexa from the Yellow Mustard Seed is interested in joining. So we have. 00:03:13
So for replacement. 00:03:28
Hold on. Yeah, we need to vote on Alexa for one, so. 00:03:32
Yeah. So I just want to open to the board. I'm sorry that not all of you got to meet Alexa last week and she's, she runs a 00:03:39
beautiful little business and she's really interested in contributing to the vitality of downtown and. 00:03:47
She's accepted the nomination, so can we vote? 00:03:57
To as to whether we would like to, the proposal is shall we vote for Alexa Sims? 00:04:02
I'll probably vote for Alexa. 00:04:14
I move, we vote for Alexa. 00:04:18
I second that. 00:04:23
Good evening. 00:04:30
So the secretary does that. But I couldn't do that. If you would prefer. Oh, I could do that. OK, so just so we have sharing 00:04:35
motion, Stephanie, second is all approved. 00:04:38
Say aye. 00:04:44
Aye. 00:04:46
Maybe it's easier if we do it like by name, like just because he doesn't know so. 00:04:51
Is that an I? 00:05:01
Should be offline. 00:05:04
You're muted. 00:05:09
Hi. 00:05:17
If they do, OK, Sherry. Aye. Thank you, Stephanie. 00:05:19
Very much, Matt. 00:05:27
And myself and coach. OK, It's in favour. Thank you very much. Thank you. 00:05:32
So we do have two more, three, no, sorry, 3, two more expiring. 00:05:39
Yeah. 00:05:47
Fate. There's also much I'm experienced 2026. 00:05:49
Right. Yeah. It's something that always happens to. 00:05:54
So do we need to vote about that then? 00:06:01
We see a reproof on the whole board. 00:06:06
Organo renewals. 00:06:12
Yeah. We're going to approve the board to see if approved the ID Advisory Board member member renewals and one replacement. So we 00:06:14
should have been metal. OK. Well, this is separate though. OK. So. 00:06:21
I just want to go through the renewals because that's a new person placement. And so the renewals, if you look at your agenda, 00:06:30
we've got. 00:06:35
Jason Bradley, myself, Liz Jacobs, Stephanie Loftus, and Marietta Bain. So there's four. And now she's 2025 and Kim is 2025 S. 00:06:41
With it's on. 00:07:00
The wording of the of the function then would be do you want to renew the the Advisory Board? 00:07:08
So, Marietta. 00:07:19
Yes. OK, Sherry. Yes, Stephanie. 00:07:23
No, as I'm no longer working for the bank. 00:07:34
I mean you're sorry, I just meant the ones who are not that you're being replaced by Alexa, so that didn't include you did that 00:07:39
separately. So for the others that I just listed in the Stephanie, Jason, Liz and Mary. 00:07:46
For that, is it yes or no? 00:07:56
OK. And I will say yes. 00:08:01
OK. OK. So the motion passes to renew the board members and also to welcome Alexa Sims. 00:08:05
OK, so for those of you who are in extremis and could not really spare the time, I thank you very much. This is a time sensitive 00:08:19
thing and if you. 00:08:24
Other obligations. 00:08:30
You know, we can survive the rest of the pardon, yeah, there's nothing else to vote on. So you really appreciate. 00:08:33
OK. 00:08:42
All of you. I really enjoyed my time on the board and thank you so much. 00:08:45
Bye, Matt. Thank you, Matt. I'll be around. 00:08:50
Thank you for your expertise. 00:08:57
Thank you, Marietta. You all take care. Thank you. We need to keep everyone else on. OK, everyone. Also, Sherry, you're doing OK 00:09:01
because we do need the forum still, but we are going to stop at 9:30 and we will put everything else that we don't get to on the 00:09:07
next agenda. 00:09:13
OK. So the next agenda item is 3D, which is review the March 2024 financials. So I didn't receive those, Jenny was going to. 00:09:20
To sort of leave that she she like a hold. 00:09:33
Well, I mean, I want to move that we. 00:09:39
I'm going to move that we do that next time. 00:09:46
Because we all need to have a copy of that. And, you know, it's important that we look at it and get oriented. 00:09:49
So then three C oh sorry I just moved that just within when I just a second or dispute that or are you OK to you know I move? 00:09:59
OK. So roll call vote, we move the financial discussion to next time Marietta. 00:10:14
Oh, there's a handle. 00:10:25
She'll get you right after this. 00:10:27
Yeah. OK. Sherry. Yes, Stephanie. Yes. And for myself, Yes, as well. OK. There's a hand up. 00:10:30
Is that 70? The 2nd is that yes. 00:10:45
OK, Blue Colletti has his hand out. OK, is that for? 00:10:50
The timing of that would be before we discuss, well, OK, let's, it's fine. We're just right in the middle. But yeah, go ahead, 00:10:57
Councilmember. 00:11:01
Yeah, hi. Every time you you go do an agenda item, you should ask for the public if there are any public comments. I know you guys 00:11:10
are trying to rush this meeting through, but that's that's just something that you should be doing. Thank you. 00:11:17
OK, so if anyone is that when we opened agenda item three that maybe I could start, maybe I forgot to invite comments, OK, so. 00:11:26
Actually address the participants and just say retroactively. I did not item three. Are there any comments? 00:11:37
OK, so the newbie ID logo can I ask? 00:11:54
What? 00:12:02
Stephanie, if you could update us on that? 00:12:05
That. That's Steve Thomas. 00:12:10
Oh yeah, so he texted me. Let me see if he said something about that. 00:12:16
OK, so this is from Steve Thomas, he texted earlier on the logo, he said. I went ahead and initiated another round of design for 00:12:38
the BID logo that includes the graphic of Downtown St. Lamp. We will have a set of examples to review at the next meeting. 00:12:46
Thank you. All right. I know that there was actually a local artist who is also interested in participating, so I'll chase that as 00:12:55
well. 00:13:00
OK. So charter block update and is that Christina Rodriguez is is on the line, Christina, would you like to give us an update? 00:13:07
All right. Testing. Oh, there I am. Can everyone hear me OK? 00:13:29
Excellent. Thanks Liz. I guess basically to review, we are, it sounds like we're set for May 18th. We have a number of 00:13:35
participants already signed up. We're doing individual outreach to local business owners as well as some professional artists this 00:13:44
year and crossing our fingers that it's not going to rain. 00:13:52
Was there something specifically that I needed to discuss? 00:14:02
No, no, thank you so much for that. We've got a poster that if anyone would like to have an electronic version of it and print it 00:14:06
and put it in their brick and mortar business or in anywhere that you know is a good display place. 00:14:14
How many teams do we have signed up? 00:14:23
There were at least 14 teams last I looked. Christina, do you have an update on that? Is it still 14? Do we have more? Actually, I 00:14:28
don't have access to the registration form and if that could be given to me I would gladly take that on as a volunteer. I do have 00:14:34
a participant kit ready to go for folks who have registered and we could get a more accurate number as far as who has already pre 00:14:41
registered for this year. 00:14:48
I completed a bit of a social media push over the weekend, and it looks like Steve Thomas had done some community calendaring, so 00:14:56
I think we'll be able to see where things shake out by the end of this week. 00:15:04
Great. And I know that the paid Facebook and Instagram ads were placed by Steve last week, so there should be more traction on 00:15:13
that. 00:15:21
We'll see a bigger boost by the end of this week, but if anyone who has access to the registration form could give me editor 00:15:29
status on the back end, I would really appreciate that. 00:15:36
Oh, Jenny set it up under her Google. I finally got into it and found it, so I'm not sure what I could do being a tour. So I do 00:15:43
have access myself to her approval when I sign in as her. 00:15:50
So I can keep you updated if I'm not able to share or do something, I could go in today and check on all that. Thanks. Yeah, it's, 00:15:58
I believe it's in the individual share settings in Google where you can change who's owner or give editor or viewing status. OK. I 00:16:06
emailed you previously Christy, with my Google account and for you know, so you can find me and I believe I shared the promotional 00:16:14
materials with you as well. Just let me know if that e-mail did not go through. 00:16:22
I got it. Thank you. And just one more thing again, anybody who would like a copy of the flyer, just let me know. We are getting 00:16:30
those. 00:16:35
Some of those printed, and I can also send the promotional materials to anyone who'd like them. Thank you. 00:16:42
Now, it's really good. This year, Christina's made a beautiful hack that you can get these social media assets, like if you are on 00:16:52
a team and you can put it on your social media and say, like, I'm going to be at the Chalk Art Festival on May the 18th, come and 00:16:59
join me. It's really beautifully done and it's super fun, nice energy about it. It's all made using photographs from last year. So 00:17:06
it shows what it's really like. It's it's terrific, really nice publicity. 00:17:13
Two things. Two things that I want to make sure we're we're aware of is #1. As we're watching how many teams are signed up, we'll 00:17:21
need to determine whether we need to order more chalk. 00:17:29
Steve was going to look up the total number of boxes that were ordered last year so that we could deduct what we have this year to 00:17:37
kind of understand how much we used since it was our first go, but if we get a large influx of. 00:17:46
Of teams registered, we'll need to order more chalk, and we do have that in the budget. I spoke with Steve about that. And then 00:17:56
the second thing is prizes. 00:18:01
Gift certificates or other prizes. 00:18:07
For however many categories we decide to award. 00:18:12
We cannot use, I spoke with Steve about that. We cannot use BID funds to purchase local gift certificates because we would have to 00:18:19
give that option to all the businesses that are part of BID, meaning we would have to purchase certificates from every business 00:18:26
that would want to have a certificate purchase. 00:18:33
OK, Yeah. I think the thinking behind it was that we are trying to help the local businesses. This is the the incarnation of Small 00:18:42
Business Saturday. So we kind of didn't want to ask too many people for donations because we're actually trying to do the 00:18:51
opposite, get football, get people going into shops and get people spending money locally. Downtown Pacific Grove, so. 00:19:00
We can still ask people for small gift certificates and you know if they would like to donate, that would be great. 00:19:10
I know on the stuff that I have talked to, we you know there are some businesses that are happy to do that. So maybe we just have 00:19:19
fewer fewer prices than we would have, but still we'll make it work. And I did check out the chalk down at the tourist center and 00:19:27
there is a lot. So let me know how much you purchased and I'll tell you how much is there. But there is a lot of chalk down there 00:19:34
because he he had thought we might have had thirty boxes last year which was a ton. I know we have at least like 7:00 or 8:00 but. 00:19:42
I'll find out from him. I'll connect with him. 00:19:51
And I'll give you an inventory of what's down there right now. Perfect. 00:19:54
And then just FYI, following on from the Saturday the 18th festival, some local businesses are doing art week and they're going to 00:20:00
be displaying art by local artists in their shops. And so that's a separate but piggybacked on event that is very closely related. 00:20:11
So. 00:20:24
You know, watch out for that as well. 00:20:26
And Associate was sent over a He couldn't be here, but he sent over a text to Christy, which is the lead. 00:20:30
They said that chocolate block from C all advertising is running for chalk. The block or chocolate blocks are you put a comma and 00:20:36
social media. Print advertising will appear over the next two weeks in the weekly of the pine cone. Posters were picked up late 00:20:42
yesterday afternoon. It will be Tuesday. This came in today. Did you get confirmed in the sound permit will be emailed to him as a 00:20:48
precaution. Stephanie and I spoke regarding gift certificates for the winners and we will take care of facilitating certificates 00:20:54
as needed. 00:21:00
And on that. 00:21:07
Ensemble permit. We did look into whether we needed to register this as an event and if it is too small. If you have over 100 00:21:09
participants that it would be an issue, but we're capping it at between 30 and 30 so. 00:21:18
Not going to and you're leaving. 00:21:28
Thanks, Marietta. I think we're getting some feedback. Can you mute? 00:21:32
Sorry. 00:21:46
Extraterrestrial OK, so we we need to leave 3 feet wide for the sidewalk. The chalk all needs to be not toxic, which it is. So 00:21:50
we've we've checked all the boxes and. 00:21:56
We're. 00:22:04
Yeah, we just confirmed that everything is is good to go on that side. So, OK, well, that's awesome. You know, just keep 00:22:07
communicating everybody and we'll keep pulling all the the things together. And where can they pick up posters if they want to at 00:22:14
the chamber? He didn't say. But usually Steve will drop them at the chamber or he said he's distributing them. So I can let you 00:22:21
know if I end up with a pile of them. OK. So. 00:22:28
Who can help in spreading the board? That's great. I did put something on next door and I'll follow up with that as well, so. 00:22:36
Any social media that you're on that you want to reinforce the message, Mr. 00:22:44
OK, so who is going to be? I plan on being at the event that day. 00:22:49
How are who's going to be the one to figure out the the spots and get that set up in the morning before they arrive? 00:22:59
Though we had a chat and I know that you and I both said that we would be there and have hands on Christina. Are you able to? Oh, 00:23:09
you've got your hand raised as well? Yes. I'm sorry. I do plan to be there on site. I can report in as early as you need. I just 00:23:17
know that as far as marking the sidewalk, that might need to be a two person job. 00:23:25
But you'll have me for like the whole day, so don't worry about it. 00:23:34
I have a question actually, if that's OK to ask. 00:23:43
Were you saying I couldn't quite hear, Were you saying that Steve is going to drop off some Flyers at the Chamber building? So 00:23:48
might I be able to come by and pick some up to distribute, say, on my end of Pacific Grove or anything like that? 00:23:55
I'm going to reach out to him all, he said. In Texas, he's distributing them. He didn't say where or but I said if I happen to get 00:24:03
a pile, I'll let you know. But he didn't say he's bringing them to us. 00:24:09
Because that would be probably useful to people that aren't necessarily on this radar, like, but who definitely would love it. So 00:24:17
could you ask him to just leave a few? Yeah, I can tell him, you know, distribute and then leave us a little bit too. And then 00:24:22
whoever didn't get him, come pick him up. 00:24:27
Thank you so much. 00:24:34
Yeah, You're welcome. OK, great. So #4 new business. 00:24:37
Let me just check if there's any. 00:24:44
So this I have to say it's one new thing is not having Jenny here. So apologies that I rely on her a lot to do some of the 00:24:48
organizing and. 00:24:53
You know, we we often do a roundup of news for new business and you know, ask if anyone has any updates on ongoing projects in 00:25:01
town. So I think maybe I could just throw that over to you. 00:25:09
First, can I just reach out? 00:25:17
For this agenda, either any public comment. 00:25:21
Yeah. OK. Seeing none, could you give us an update on new business? Yeah. How was how is everything going with the hotel? You 00:25:26
know, we know that the brewery is. Yeah, you know. 00:25:31
A lot happening downtown. We have a lot of new business coming in and say July or June and July will probably be big months with 00:25:38
Grand opening for a lot. We have Wednesday. We have a new clothing store down by Tina Nails getting ready to open. We had a donut 00:25:43
shop. 00:25:48
I think we're still shopping center Julia. There's going to be rock'n'roll Donuts is going to have Pick Me Up Donuts and coffee. 00:25:54
He's going to make them out at Canterbury Rd. and bring them over here. So he's supposed to open soon. 00:26:01
Pops and Bob, He should be opening soon. Who's really hoping you'd be further along for good old days. And he wasn't, but so 00:26:09
excited talking to him. He has a lot of really good ideas. I talked to Duncan and COV of a building. 00:26:16
And he's moving along and looking for tenants and not quite sure who's going to go in. And we talked about his design. So I'm 00:26:23
going to have coffee with him and talk to him more. Let's see. We have a new general manager. I'm going to need over at a 00:26:30
Syllamar, which is really exciting. His name is Alex Moran. What else is happening downtown? There's some more. Oh, criminal 00:26:37
school. I heard that about Crema, but I don't know who. And Chase Bank just I saw put up a lease signed. So I'm not sure what 00:26:44
their plan is and I'm trying to find out who. 00:26:51
Owns that building and what their plan is to do with that one. So a lot of fun going on and filling vacant spots. 00:26:59
And open this. Open. Yes, yes. And she, her first stopped opening, went so well, she had a line out the door. So I think that's 00:27:08
going to be a fun spot. 00:27:13
But it seemed pretty low key from I heard from everyone and the other thing, the old Pier One and building. We had the school's 00:27:20
home artwork at the window, so I'm going to see if we can get more of that some of our vacant buildings and have the little kids 00:27:26
hang their artwork in the window so it doesn't look so empty. 00:27:32
And display their artwork. And that would be fun to even have, you know, through Chocolate Block. Yeah, absolutely. Yeah. Good. 00:27:40
OK, Any other updates from annual? 00:27:46
OK, so let's move on into. But yeah, we have got 4 minutes left. Oh my God. Just a bit slow I guess. 00:27:58
So we have updates regarding the EDC, the Chamber, the HID and anything from Advisory Board members. So can I just check any 00:28:09
public comments? 00:28:16
OK, I can speak to the EDC. 00:28:27
I missed the last meeting I was. 00:28:31
I got that call that was going around and I was out of town and anyway couldn't couldn't make that one so. 00:28:35
So I know that several projects are a little bit on hold because we're waiting for the new city manager to come in and. 00:28:44
You know the the chair wanted to talk to the city manager about outlook for some of these projects so. 00:28:54
More on that later. We we also skipped our meeting this month because Mexico's staffing problems, so. 00:29:04
We'll we'll have more to say, more to report next time. 00:29:14
And look at the chamber. 00:29:17
So we we obviously lost Jenny, but Christy has stepped up as the interim president. We thank her for that. She's doing an amazing 00:29:22
job. Right, Right on the heels of. 00:29:29
Good old days. We're all kind of I think still reeling a little bit, but the Jenny's position has been opened. We are accepting 00:29:37
resumes and we are excited to get a resume from Christy as well. So we're we're moving forward on that front. 00:29:47
Well, I was. I would get into good old days, yes. 00:29:58
Thank you. Yeah. Wonderful. 00:30:02
OK. The HID, we don't have anyone. Oh, I can't see as a hand up. Council Member Colletti. Oh, yes, thank you. I I just want to let 00:30:07
the bid know that at our next council meeting. 00:30:14
Which is scheduled for next week, May 15th, we will have a public hearing on the HID program approval and the BID program 00:30:22
approval. Thank you. 00:30:27
Thank you. 00:30:35
OK, so HIV, you don't have any representatives here? 00:30:37
OK. Any other news from Advisory Board members? 00:30:42
OK. Well, that's convenient because we are at the end of our time. Thank you everyone and I look forward to seeing you next time. 00:30:48
Link
Start video at
Social
Embed

* you need to log in to manage your favorites

My Favorites List
You haven't added any favorites yet. Click the "Add Favorite" button on any media page, and they'll show up here.
All right. Welcome to the bid meeting from last week. That's the move to this week. Thank you everyone for coming. So grateful to 00:00:01
have a quorum. Thank you everyone. Please make a special effort. I just want to say, I want to ask that we prioritize point #3 and 00:00:09
the other business we might get to, which we might not so. 00:00:17
That's called to order and open general public comments. 00:00:27
I was just going to ask the bid to request the city when we have the good old days to remove the signs at night because we have 00:00:37
guests turning around and cancel the reservation because they said the signs all set, the roads were closed and they didn't feel 00:00:46
they could go around. Even though it runs, the signs are left up along the world and on Motor St. and they said run close ahead. 00:00:55
And a lot of our paper inches won't belong to go around. 00:01:05
I left actually 11:00 night. They were still out on Sunday, on Saturday, Saturday. OK, I'll talk public works if they were 00:01:10
supposed to open up those roads. So I'll let now. Yeah, I'll check on that. 00:01:17
Council member Colletti has a question. 00:01:28
Yeah, Councilmember Colletti. 00:01:31
Yeah, as part of calling the meeting to order perhaps A roll call vote. Thank you. 00:01:35
OK, so. 00:01:45
Let's OK. So I don't normally do the Oklahoma, but OK yeah, I think yes. 00:01:48
If you'd like to just call the names of who who's OK, yeah. 00:01:57
Stephanie. 00:02:04
Here Arietta. 00:02:07
Sherry. 00:02:15
Liz here, Jason. 00:02:19
Kim. 00:02:27
And Matt Bosworth. 00:02:32
He's here, OK? 00:02:38
OK. So, OK, thank you. 00:02:39
So, any other general public comments? 00:02:46
Seeing none, we can move on to agenda item 3, which is ongoing business which is the bid Advisory Board member renewals and 00:02:54
replacement. So we discussed this previous meeting and. 00:03:02
We. 00:03:11
Have got Matt is retiring, so Alexa from the Yellow Mustard Seed is interested in joining. So we have. 00:03:13
So for replacement. 00:03:28
Hold on. Yeah, we need to vote on Alexa for one, so. 00:03:32
Yeah. So I just want to open to the board. I'm sorry that not all of you got to meet Alexa last week and she's, she runs a 00:03:39
beautiful little business and she's really interested in contributing to the vitality of downtown and. 00:03:47
She's accepted the nomination, so can we vote? 00:03:57
To as to whether we would like to, the proposal is shall we vote for Alexa Sims? 00:04:02
I'll probably vote for Alexa. 00:04:14
I move, we vote for Alexa. 00:04:18
I second that. 00:04:23
Good evening. 00:04:30
So the secretary does that. But I couldn't do that. If you would prefer. Oh, I could do that. OK, so just so we have sharing 00:04:35
motion, Stephanie, second is all approved. 00:04:38
Say aye. 00:04:44
Aye. 00:04:46
Maybe it's easier if we do it like by name, like just because he doesn't know so. 00:04:51
Is that an I? 00:05:01
Should be offline. 00:05:04
You're muted. 00:05:09
Hi. 00:05:17
If they do, OK, Sherry. Aye. Thank you, Stephanie. 00:05:19
Very much, Matt. 00:05:27
And myself and coach. OK, It's in favour. Thank you very much. Thank you. 00:05:32
So we do have two more, three, no, sorry, 3, two more expiring. 00:05:39
Yeah. 00:05:47
Fate. There's also much I'm experienced 2026. 00:05:49
Right. Yeah. It's something that always happens to. 00:05:54
So do we need to vote about that then? 00:06:01
We see a reproof on the whole board. 00:06:06
Organo renewals. 00:06:12
Yeah. We're going to approve the board to see if approved the ID Advisory Board member member renewals and one replacement. So we 00:06:14
should have been metal. OK. Well, this is separate though. OK. So. 00:06:21
I just want to go through the renewals because that's a new person placement. And so the renewals, if you look at your agenda, 00:06:30
we've got. 00:06:35
Jason Bradley, myself, Liz Jacobs, Stephanie Loftus, and Marietta Bain. So there's four. And now she's 2025 and Kim is 2025 S. 00:06:41
With it's on. 00:07:00
The wording of the of the function then would be do you want to renew the the Advisory Board? 00:07:08
So, Marietta. 00:07:19
Yes. OK, Sherry. Yes, Stephanie. 00:07:23
No, as I'm no longer working for the bank. 00:07:34
I mean you're sorry, I just meant the ones who are not that you're being replaced by Alexa, so that didn't include you did that 00:07:39
separately. So for the others that I just listed in the Stephanie, Jason, Liz and Mary. 00:07:46
For that, is it yes or no? 00:07:56
OK. And I will say yes. 00:08:01
OK. OK. So the motion passes to renew the board members and also to welcome Alexa Sims. 00:08:05
OK, so for those of you who are in extremis and could not really spare the time, I thank you very much. This is a time sensitive 00:08:19
thing and if you. 00:08:24
Other obligations. 00:08:30
You know, we can survive the rest of the pardon, yeah, there's nothing else to vote on. So you really appreciate. 00:08:33
OK. 00:08:42
All of you. I really enjoyed my time on the board and thank you so much. 00:08:45
Bye, Matt. Thank you, Matt. I'll be around. 00:08:50
Thank you for your expertise. 00:08:57
Thank you, Marietta. You all take care. Thank you. We need to keep everyone else on. OK, everyone. Also, Sherry, you're doing OK 00:09:01
because we do need the forum still, but we are going to stop at 9:30 and we will put everything else that we don't get to on the 00:09:07
next agenda. 00:09:13
OK. So the next agenda item is 3D, which is review the March 2024 financials. So I didn't receive those, Jenny was going to. 00:09:20
To sort of leave that she she like a hold. 00:09:33
Well, I mean, I want to move that we. 00:09:39
I'm going to move that we do that next time. 00:09:46
Because we all need to have a copy of that. And, you know, it's important that we look at it and get oriented. 00:09:49
So then three C oh sorry I just moved that just within when I just a second or dispute that or are you OK to you know I move? 00:09:59
OK. So roll call vote, we move the financial discussion to next time Marietta. 00:10:14
Oh, there's a handle. 00:10:25
She'll get you right after this. 00:10:27
Yeah. OK. Sherry. Yes, Stephanie. Yes. And for myself, Yes, as well. OK. There's a hand up. 00:10:30
Is that 70? The 2nd is that yes. 00:10:45
OK, Blue Colletti has his hand out. OK, is that for? 00:10:50
The timing of that would be before we discuss, well, OK, let's, it's fine. We're just right in the middle. But yeah, go ahead, 00:10:57
Councilmember. 00:11:01
Yeah, hi. Every time you you go do an agenda item, you should ask for the public if there are any public comments. I know you guys 00:11:10
are trying to rush this meeting through, but that's that's just something that you should be doing. Thank you. 00:11:17
OK, so if anyone is that when we opened agenda item three that maybe I could start, maybe I forgot to invite comments, OK, so. 00:11:26
Actually address the participants and just say retroactively. I did not item three. Are there any comments? 00:11:37
OK, so the newbie ID logo can I ask? 00:11:54
What? 00:12:02
Stephanie, if you could update us on that? 00:12:05
That. That's Steve Thomas. 00:12:10
Oh yeah, so he texted me. Let me see if he said something about that. 00:12:16
OK, so this is from Steve Thomas, he texted earlier on the logo, he said. I went ahead and initiated another round of design for 00:12:38
the BID logo that includes the graphic of Downtown St. Lamp. We will have a set of examples to review at the next meeting. 00:12:46
Thank you. All right. I know that there was actually a local artist who is also interested in participating, so I'll chase that as 00:12:55
well. 00:13:00
OK. So charter block update and is that Christina Rodriguez is is on the line, Christina, would you like to give us an update? 00:13:07
All right. Testing. Oh, there I am. Can everyone hear me OK? 00:13:29
Excellent. Thanks Liz. I guess basically to review, we are, it sounds like we're set for May 18th. We have a number of 00:13:35
participants already signed up. We're doing individual outreach to local business owners as well as some professional artists this 00:13:44
year and crossing our fingers that it's not going to rain. 00:13:52
Was there something specifically that I needed to discuss? 00:14:02
No, no, thank you so much for that. We've got a poster that if anyone would like to have an electronic version of it and print it 00:14:06
and put it in their brick and mortar business or in anywhere that you know is a good display place. 00:14:14
How many teams do we have signed up? 00:14:23
There were at least 14 teams last I looked. Christina, do you have an update on that? Is it still 14? Do we have more? Actually, I 00:14:28
don't have access to the registration form and if that could be given to me I would gladly take that on as a volunteer. I do have 00:14:34
a participant kit ready to go for folks who have registered and we could get a more accurate number as far as who has already pre 00:14:41
registered for this year. 00:14:48
I completed a bit of a social media push over the weekend, and it looks like Steve Thomas had done some community calendaring, so 00:14:56
I think we'll be able to see where things shake out by the end of this week. 00:15:04
Great. And I know that the paid Facebook and Instagram ads were placed by Steve last week, so there should be more traction on 00:15:13
that. 00:15:21
We'll see a bigger boost by the end of this week, but if anyone who has access to the registration form could give me editor 00:15:29
status on the back end, I would really appreciate that. 00:15:36
Oh, Jenny set it up under her Google. I finally got into it and found it, so I'm not sure what I could do being a tour. So I do 00:15:43
have access myself to her approval when I sign in as her. 00:15:50
So I can keep you updated if I'm not able to share or do something, I could go in today and check on all that. Thanks. Yeah, it's, 00:15:58
I believe it's in the individual share settings in Google where you can change who's owner or give editor or viewing status. OK. I 00:16:06
emailed you previously Christy, with my Google account and for you know, so you can find me and I believe I shared the promotional 00:16:14
materials with you as well. Just let me know if that e-mail did not go through. 00:16:22
I got it. Thank you. And just one more thing again, anybody who would like a copy of the flyer, just let me know. We are getting 00:16:30
those. 00:16:35
Some of those printed, and I can also send the promotional materials to anyone who'd like them. Thank you. 00:16:42
Now, it's really good. This year, Christina's made a beautiful hack that you can get these social media assets, like if you are on 00:16:52
a team and you can put it on your social media and say, like, I'm going to be at the Chalk Art Festival on May the 18th, come and 00:16:59
join me. It's really beautifully done and it's super fun, nice energy about it. It's all made using photographs from last year. So 00:17:06
it shows what it's really like. It's it's terrific, really nice publicity. 00:17:13
Two things. Two things that I want to make sure we're we're aware of is #1. As we're watching how many teams are signed up, we'll 00:17:21
need to determine whether we need to order more chalk. 00:17:29
Steve was going to look up the total number of boxes that were ordered last year so that we could deduct what we have this year to 00:17:37
kind of understand how much we used since it was our first go, but if we get a large influx of. 00:17:46
Of teams registered, we'll need to order more chalk, and we do have that in the budget. I spoke with Steve about that. And then 00:17:56
the second thing is prizes. 00:18:01
Gift certificates or other prizes. 00:18:07
For however many categories we decide to award. 00:18:12
We cannot use, I spoke with Steve about that. We cannot use BID funds to purchase local gift certificates because we would have to 00:18:19
give that option to all the businesses that are part of BID, meaning we would have to purchase certificates from every business 00:18:26
that would want to have a certificate purchase. 00:18:33
OK, Yeah. I think the thinking behind it was that we are trying to help the local businesses. This is the the incarnation of Small 00:18:42
Business Saturday. So we kind of didn't want to ask too many people for donations because we're actually trying to do the 00:18:51
opposite, get football, get people going into shops and get people spending money locally. Downtown Pacific Grove, so. 00:19:00
We can still ask people for small gift certificates and you know if they would like to donate, that would be great. 00:19:10
I know on the stuff that I have talked to, we you know there are some businesses that are happy to do that. So maybe we just have 00:19:19
fewer fewer prices than we would have, but still we'll make it work. And I did check out the chalk down at the tourist center and 00:19:27
there is a lot. So let me know how much you purchased and I'll tell you how much is there. But there is a lot of chalk down there 00:19:34
because he he had thought we might have had thirty boxes last year which was a ton. I know we have at least like 7:00 or 8:00 but. 00:19:42
I'll find out from him. I'll connect with him. 00:19:51
And I'll give you an inventory of what's down there right now. Perfect. 00:19:54
And then just FYI, following on from the Saturday the 18th festival, some local businesses are doing art week and they're going to 00:20:00
be displaying art by local artists in their shops. And so that's a separate but piggybacked on event that is very closely related. 00:20:11
So. 00:20:24
You know, watch out for that as well. 00:20:26
And Associate was sent over a He couldn't be here, but he sent over a text to Christy, which is the lead. 00:20:30
They said that chocolate block from C all advertising is running for chalk. The block or chocolate blocks are you put a comma and 00:20:36
social media. Print advertising will appear over the next two weeks in the weekly of the pine cone. Posters were picked up late 00:20:42
yesterday afternoon. It will be Tuesday. This came in today. Did you get confirmed in the sound permit will be emailed to him as a 00:20:48
precaution. Stephanie and I spoke regarding gift certificates for the winners and we will take care of facilitating certificates 00:20:54
as needed. 00:21:00
And on that. 00:21:07
Ensemble permit. We did look into whether we needed to register this as an event and if it is too small. If you have over 100 00:21:09
participants that it would be an issue, but we're capping it at between 30 and 30 so. 00:21:18
Not going to and you're leaving. 00:21:28
Thanks, Marietta. I think we're getting some feedback. Can you mute? 00:21:32
Sorry. 00:21:46
Extraterrestrial OK, so we we need to leave 3 feet wide for the sidewalk. The chalk all needs to be not toxic, which it is. So 00:21:50
we've we've checked all the boxes and. 00:21:56
We're. 00:22:04
Yeah, we just confirmed that everything is is good to go on that side. So, OK, well, that's awesome. You know, just keep 00:22:07
communicating everybody and we'll keep pulling all the the things together. And where can they pick up posters if they want to at 00:22:14
the chamber? He didn't say. But usually Steve will drop them at the chamber or he said he's distributing them. So I can let you 00:22:21
know if I end up with a pile of them. OK. So. 00:22:28
Who can help in spreading the board? That's great. I did put something on next door and I'll follow up with that as well, so. 00:22:36
Any social media that you're on that you want to reinforce the message, Mr. 00:22:44
OK, so who is going to be? I plan on being at the event that day. 00:22:49
How are who's going to be the one to figure out the the spots and get that set up in the morning before they arrive? 00:22:59
Though we had a chat and I know that you and I both said that we would be there and have hands on Christina. Are you able to? Oh, 00:23:09
you've got your hand raised as well? Yes. I'm sorry. I do plan to be there on site. I can report in as early as you need. I just 00:23:17
know that as far as marking the sidewalk, that might need to be a two person job. 00:23:25
But you'll have me for like the whole day, so don't worry about it. 00:23:34
I have a question actually, if that's OK to ask. 00:23:43
Were you saying I couldn't quite hear, Were you saying that Steve is going to drop off some Flyers at the Chamber building? So 00:23:48
might I be able to come by and pick some up to distribute, say, on my end of Pacific Grove or anything like that? 00:23:55
I'm going to reach out to him all, he said. In Texas, he's distributing them. He didn't say where or but I said if I happen to get 00:24:03
a pile, I'll let you know. But he didn't say he's bringing them to us. 00:24:09
Because that would be probably useful to people that aren't necessarily on this radar, like, but who definitely would love it. So 00:24:17
could you ask him to just leave a few? Yeah, I can tell him, you know, distribute and then leave us a little bit too. And then 00:24:22
whoever didn't get him, come pick him up. 00:24:27
Thank you so much. 00:24:34
Yeah, You're welcome. OK, great. So #4 new business. 00:24:37
Let me just check if there's any. 00:24:44
So this I have to say it's one new thing is not having Jenny here. So apologies that I rely on her a lot to do some of the 00:24:48
organizing and. 00:24:53
You know, we we often do a roundup of news for new business and you know, ask if anyone has any updates on ongoing projects in 00:25:01
town. So I think maybe I could just throw that over to you. 00:25:09
First, can I just reach out? 00:25:17
For this agenda, either any public comment. 00:25:21
Yeah. OK. Seeing none, could you give us an update on new business? Yeah. How was how is everything going with the hotel? You 00:25:26
know, we know that the brewery is. Yeah, you know. 00:25:31
A lot happening downtown. We have a lot of new business coming in and say July or June and July will probably be big months with 00:25:38
Grand opening for a lot. We have Wednesday. We have a new clothing store down by Tina Nails getting ready to open. We had a donut 00:25:43
shop. 00:25:48
I think we're still shopping center Julia. There's going to be rock'n'roll Donuts is going to have Pick Me Up Donuts and coffee. 00:25:54
He's going to make them out at Canterbury Rd. and bring them over here. So he's supposed to open soon. 00:26:01
Pops and Bob, He should be opening soon. Who's really hoping you'd be further along for good old days. And he wasn't, but so 00:26:09
excited talking to him. He has a lot of really good ideas. I talked to Duncan and COV of a building. 00:26:16
And he's moving along and looking for tenants and not quite sure who's going to go in. And we talked about his design. So I'm 00:26:23
going to have coffee with him and talk to him more. Let's see. We have a new general manager. I'm going to need over at a 00:26:30
Syllamar, which is really exciting. His name is Alex Moran. What else is happening downtown? There's some more. Oh, criminal 00:26:37
school. I heard that about Crema, but I don't know who. And Chase Bank just I saw put up a lease signed. So I'm not sure what 00:26:44
their plan is and I'm trying to find out who. 00:26:51
Owns that building and what their plan is to do with that one. So a lot of fun going on and filling vacant spots. 00:26:59
And open this. Open. Yes, yes. And she, her first stopped opening, went so well, she had a line out the door. So I think that's 00:27:08
going to be a fun spot. 00:27:13
But it seemed pretty low key from I heard from everyone and the other thing, the old Pier One and building. We had the school's 00:27:20
home artwork at the window, so I'm going to see if we can get more of that some of our vacant buildings and have the little kids 00:27:26
hang their artwork in the window so it doesn't look so empty. 00:27:32
And display their artwork. And that would be fun to even have, you know, through Chocolate Block. Yeah, absolutely. Yeah. Good. 00:27:40
OK, Any other updates from annual? 00:27:46
OK, so let's move on into. But yeah, we have got 4 minutes left. Oh my God. Just a bit slow I guess. 00:27:58
So we have updates regarding the EDC, the Chamber, the HID and anything from Advisory Board members. So can I just check any 00:28:09
public comments? 00:28:16
OK, I can speak to the EDC. 00:28:27
I missed the last meeting I was. 00:28:31
I got that call that was going around and I was out of town and anyway couldn't couldn't make that one so. 00:28:35
So I know that several projects are a little bit on hold because we're waiting for the new city manager to come in and. 00:28:44
You know the the chair wanted to talk to the city manager about outlook for some of these projects so. 00:28:54
More on that later. We we also skipped our meeting this month because Mexico's staffing problems, so. 00:29:04
We'll we'll have more to say, more to report next time. 00:29:14
And look at the chamber. 00:29:17
So we we obviously lost Jenny, but Christy has stepped up as the interim president. We thank her for that. She's doing an amazing 00:29:22
job. Right, Right on the heels of. 00:29:29
Good old days. We're all kind of I think still reeling a little bit, but the Jenny's position has been opened. We are accepting 00:29:37
resumes and we are excited to get a resume from Christy as well. So we're we're moving forward on that front. 00:29:47
Well, I was. I would get into good old days, yes. 00:29:58
Thank you. Yeah. Wonderful. 00:30:02
OK. The HID, we don't have anyone. Oh, I can't see as a hand up. Council Member Colletti. Oh, yes, thank you. I I just want to let 00:30:07
the bid know that at our next council meeting. 00:30:14
Which is scheduled for next week, May 15th, we will have a public hearing on the HID program approval and the BID program 00:30:22
approval. Thank you. 00:30:27
Thank you. 00:30:35
OK, so HIV, you don't have any representatives here? 00:30:37
OK. Any other news from Advisory Board members? 00:30:42
OK. Well, that's convenient because we are at the end of our time. Thank you everyone and I look forward to seeing you next time. 00:30:48
scroll up